Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:15:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDivinity: Original Sin
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Divinity: Original Sin  (Read 5677 times)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »

Why aren't you nerds talking about the best game?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

I am starting a new game for the 5th time just to play with new characters. This time I have a wayfarer (starts with bow spells and the ability to summon a giant spider) and a knight. I am trying to play the whole game without buying any items and instead crafting them all myself.

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:07 PM »

Pretty cool game. So far in my playthrough I've gone through most of the stuff I could find in the first town/city and just embarked through the west gate. Really digging the open ended feel, ultima vii style murder mystery, and turn based combat. Not digging all the ui choices, especially related to trying to manage separate inventories for four different characters. It feels a little tiresome trying to keep track of what items I should keep for crafting purposes and which are useless. I'm sure I'll get more accustomed to it if I keep playing though.

Even it seems like there's already a ridiculous amount of content, I'm looking forward to seeing what people do with the editor.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:21:57 PM »

I've been playing it co-op with a friend for a while. I picked the Pet Pal trait, so my character is capable of talking to animals, and I've accepted a quest from a cat and discussed smelly things with a dog, among other things. My friend does not have this trait, and he says that when I have these conversations it just looks like they make common animal noises to him.

So basically, I'm playing as a 100% crazy person and it is awesome.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Kimiko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:27:19 PM »

I've been playing it co-op with a friend for a while. I picked the Pet Pal trait, so my character is capable of talking to animals, and I've accepted a quest from a cat and discussed smelly things with a dog, among other things. My friend does not have this trait, and he says that when I have these conversations it just looks like they make common animal noises to him.

So basically, I'm playing as a 100% crazy person and it is awesome.

Haha yes! I have the pet pal trait too and at first it was meh, but then talking to the dog and cat, some interesting things occurred :D

I'm having a blast so far playing co-op!

Check out Tabletop Simulator on Steam! Now with Workshop Support!

@berserkgames | @kimikats
gamerzap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »

Played this with my friend for a while.  It's OK, but there are a lot of bugs/weird things.  We managed to get a ton of money by picking up a giant keg far too huge to move, dropping it next to us, and repeating this until we got it over to someone we could sell it to.  We also discovered that, if there's a chest you can't open, sometimes you can teleport it and then attack it until it dies ( Undecided ) and the stuff inside drops.

We also felt like we had no clue what was going on and nothing was explained very well if at all.

Of course, that was the alpha.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:56:35 AM by gamerzap » Logged
ink.inc
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 10:38:15 AM »

game's world is totally unappealing/generic to me

plot is dumb

combat is ok tho
Fetus Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »

plot is dumb

combat is ok tho

yeah, the story is boring as fuck.  i find all stories/plot boring though, so i wasn't shocked.

i like the turn based battles and the way you can actually see all of your character creation choices working in the game (the talents especially are fun).

question: does anybody know if there's a way to recover HP without pots/heal spell?  i've read that there was some kind of resting mechanic, but that it was taken out?  is that true?
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 04:36:47 AM »

Lay in a bed.

plot is dumb

combat is ok tho

Hey don't you like Skyrim?

but yeah its just fantasy mumbo jumbo.

however hr geiger orcs are p cool.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:58:34 AM by Rabbit » Logged

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:02 AM »

Ehh. The overarching plot and lore and stuff is super dumb so if you came to the game for that you're not gonna get much -- the individual moment to moment writing is pretty solid though, at least in so far as building stories and scenes. The meat of the game is character's individual stories.

ink.inc
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »

no skyrim is terrible
husainhz7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 05:58:17 AM »

Having fun but the world seems generic. But the possibility of changing the whole story, kill off everyone, the choices, etc, just kept me hooked on. I like how they make quest finding so organic and just blend it in the world. But is a little slow.  Grin
MrBones
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 07:08:24 PM »

Just bought it, pretty fun. I like the 2 player mechanic, especially when you can have conversations with the other player. Story is generic,  fighting is fun.
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »

I'll just leave this here

ink.inc
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »

the autism is strong with this one
MrBones
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

i've seen this guy's other videos and he really goes out of his way to find reasons to rant

he apparently has an ongoing lawsuit with Valve too
Uykered
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 01:28:55 AM »

Interfaces are usually pretty easier to figure out if they're designed well, but yeah they can often be bloated or overly complicated to learn. So it's probably useful to have a tutorial explaining the interface for people that need it.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 01:34:05 AM »

He's got that accent normally associated with legit autists. Not sure what it is, where the way he pronounces some words makes him sound like a child
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »

Interfaces are usually pretty easier to figure out if they're designed well, but yeah they can often be bloated or overly complicated to learn. So it's probably useful to have a tutorial explaining the interface for people that need it.
you better spell it corrrectly too!

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:44 AM »

It's the nasality and lisp.
Dunno why there'd be a correlation between those in combination and being an internet nerd but there undeniably is.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:42 AM »

All his videos are about exposing "idiots" and unimportant glitches. Anyway I found this video in the comment section under a translated article about American gamers. You guys could take a glimpse:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-13-what-european-developers-need-to-know-about-american-online-gamers

I apologiSe for going off the topic.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic