Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:56:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralTIGSource Comic?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Comic?  (Read 18277 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:05:57 AM »

After I posted my request for Gamefan's comic scans, I got the idea to maybe have a weekly comic on TIGSource.  Maybe a pixel comic ala Raz's Epic Saga?  Pixelled or painted... it don't matter.  As long as it doesn't involve two guys and a hot girl who play video games.

What do you think?  Is this a stupid idea or would that be fun?  I was always just a big fan of having cheesy comics in game magazines.  Stuff that didn't take itself too seriously, like Nester and Howard (before it started to suck).

Anyone want to do the comic?  Is being featured prominently on the TIGSource front page incentive enough?  Our traffic is pretty big these days.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:28:52 AM by progrium » Logged
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:02:02 AM »

Oh man. I'm no artist, but you've totally inspired me to try this out! I'll post something later on if I come up with something good...

Arne
The Pantymaster
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:12:28 AM »

So, 3 hot girls then? They lie on the floor playing Gameboy in their panties all day.

Hey, maybe you could have this little space invaders-like character, and you could advertise the comic with these little light displays you put up everywhere.

I made some comic stuff a while ago:
Halo comic

I was bitter when I made these... wait, I still am. It's a rather forced analogy about how the possibility space is used. NSFW, maybe.
Games Industry art exhibition
Coming up!

I think I'm too... explicit and grumpy though. I went through my game related comics and realized every single one have genitals, tits and poo in them.

I quite liked the Nester stuff I saw, especially the Solar Jetman episode.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:25:08 AM »

Oh man. I'm no artist, but you've totally inspired me to try this out! I'll post something later on if I come up with something good...

Hell yeah!  Also, writer/artist pairs are acceptable.

So, 3 hot girls then? They lie on the floor playing Gameboy in their panties all day.

Hey, maybe you could have this little space invaders-like character, and you could advertise the comic with these little light displays you put up everywhere.

I made some comic stuff a while ago:
Halo comic
I think I'm too... explicit and grumpy though. I went through my game related comics and realized every single one have genitals, tits and poo in them.

I quite liked the Nester stuff I saw, especially the Solar Jetman episode.

Ah, those comics are great (I think I've seen them before)!  Also, you needn't worry about being grumpy/explicit... we love genitals, tits, and poo on the TIGSource frontpage.  In other words, I'd love to put a weekly Arne webcomic on the frontpage!  We could call it "PantyQuest." (<-- serious)

But if there are enough offers, maybe we could rotate writers/artists each week.  Also, the art doesn't have to be incredible, as long as it's fun and consistent.

Also:

[Howard and Nester Archive]
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:14:26 AM »

I love that Halo comic. Smiley

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »

I made some comics! Not sure the subject matter is entirely suitable, though...

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
DanDanger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 07:00:14 AM »

That's it, I'm calling the police.

You are a sick man and need to be punished.
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 07:04:08 AM »

I get the impression that he'd enjoy that...

But yeah, a TIGSource comic would be awesome!

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 07:12:43 AM »

Haha, Graham, I didn't get the first comic when I read it.  I was like, "Where's the punchline?"  But when I looked back at it and saw his -- well, you know -- I cracked up.  :D

Yeah, a TIGSource comic could be good.  It will likely condemn us all to Hell, but whatevs!

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

I'd love to see a tigsource comic. Just make it open to everyone, throw in a dash of moderation, and the cream will rise to the top Smiley

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »

I made some comics! Not sure the subject matter is entirely suitable, though...

Oh, I've got to dig up one I did which is uncannily similar...

BEE RIGHT BACK, HONEY BUNS

[edit]
There we are:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:10:33 PM by Bezzy » Logged

gameproducer
Level 0

GameProducer.net

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »

That's it, I'm calling the police.

I'll second that Smiley

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »

Please no sprite comics Sad.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »

Please, no humor. Sad

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »

Check out my sucktacular comic:

By the way, I love all the other comics in this thread, heh.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:21:24 PM by Echo » Logged

Albert Lai
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 05:54:56 PM »

I'm in full support of this idea. I'm just not sure how well it can be pulled off.
vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »

Ooooo.  This would be sooo good!  A TIGSource Comic would definitely be fun.  If this gets a go-go i most definitely wouldn't mind doing it/some of the comics.  Being in on the art side of things and all.  Whatever everyone decides on in the end.

Hey i remember those potato comics of Prom's! 

Since it's weekly or possibly bimonthly, it could be something around the Halo comic size or less?  Color or B/W?  Maybe sometimes even doing colabos and all of that good stuff? 

hmm..... I guess i'll just kinda throw out some random ideas & start with the Quest idea from above.
***warning:  extreme cheese ***
PantyQuest huh..... (Or it could be any quest for that matter).  It could be about this dweebishly cool guy(or pimp. Cool Your choice) who carries around a pair of  garden fresh(or lightly soiled), of course, undies(or something else) in his left back pocket, as he searches for the one-true-wearer of them(or something else).  All the while shamelessly plugging the "Really Tasty Water" Brand.  Shocked  And if someone happens to remove them, the panties, he goes Berserk. He meets friends, does stupid stuff,  maybe a few "indie" jokes thrown in blahda, blahda.....  That could be too cheesy/STUPID.

That all sounds Mega perverted too.

I like the Howard and Nester road or even the pixel idea better.  Maybe even use the TIGs Stick mascot.   He needs a name!  Or the dork and him could be buddies.  Or we can do something like parodies.  Or anything.

Well at least my brain juices are flowing....@.@.... I should do some sketches/comps one day. 
Other people please come up with some ideas too.

Anyway.  Great idea man!  If more ideas would role in from the Forum too I think that this could be pretty interesting. 

***brain_dump_complete_***

Please, no humor. Sad

Shocked What?  pointless funny = Life  Grin
http://www.biteycastle.com/main.html
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »

For a while I was trying to do a comic on gaming, but I ended up overthinking stuff, and it required a page long write up to explain it. I'll try to find the more successful ones. NOTE: I am shit, so don't laugh at these. Or... well. If you find them funny, then you can laugh. But if you're just laughing because they're pathetic...  Cry

Start off with one which might be a bit racist, but not intentionally. A lot of Koreans play starcraft, so I just figured that Blizzard would want to exploit that when WarCraft 3 came out:

With a few caveats, I think this still holds:

The caveat is that there is nothing lazy about game development, even in the most cynical cash-in of a game. Any game which comes out is a miracle of God's grace, isn't it, God? God: "Yes, Bezzy. You are right in this instance".

This next one may seem fairly unfair, but ironically, this was a watershed moment in Critical Analysis of Video Games as Literary Texts.

What if they did a WarCraft/Sims mash up? Give your hero characters emotions?

He is a visionary, and will save us all.

This is why I like procedural graphics:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:12:38 AM by Bezzy » Logged

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 10:01:37 AM »

Those are awesome.

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:04 AM »

I was bitter when I made these... wait, I still am. It's a rather forced analogy about how the possibility space is used. NSFW, maybe.
Games Industry art exhibition
Coming up!

I just caught these. Absolute GENIUS  :D

My friend asks if you've thought about making the gun point at the viewer, because it's more cooler and more menacing. And they should tilt the gun to the side, natch.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic