Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:44:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHow you keep in touch with people interested in your upcoming game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How you keep in touch with people interested in your upcoming game?  (Read 945 times)
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »

You have a game in progress, there are people who get mesmerized by the concept. What you do? Since it will take a while, how you keep in touch with them (just so you can notify them when the game is done, or ready for testing or for crowdfunding)?

Note: I have the same problemn as a player, I have no clue how to follow interesting games (aside for bookmarking their website and hoping I don't forget to check it next year :D)

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »

Coincidentally I read a post on reddit gamedev today that stated you'd be mad not to have a mailing list.

Looking about there's a few free services that offer this kind of thing (e.g. http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/elist/) - never used one myself (yet), but seems sensible.

Failing that there's IndieDB's watch function, although that requires a login, or maybe just prompt interested parties to follow a twitter feed?

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »

Create an account/put your game up on Tumblr, Twitter, IndieDB and GameJolt. People who are interested will follow it in their favorite platform.

Venomlemon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »

I made a centralized website for all the game promotion that's crosslinked to Twitter, Indie database, development blog and keep adding from there. Maybe you can do some promotion runs to get more fraction to your game at various social medias?

Yo, stalk me on Twittter
Zogthor
Level 0

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »

Social media is one of the best ways to keep in contact with people who are interested in your game. Create a Facebook fan page/Twitter/mailing list for the game and make sure you drive traffic from your website/blog to those platforms using clear calls to action. The ultimate golden egg you want to shoot for is getting their email, since that provides a direct line of communication to them when you have an update about your game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic