Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:58:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessgameloop.io - get player engagement and funding for your games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: gameloop.io - get player engagement and funding for your games  (Read 1662 times)
gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2014, 03:36:54 AM »

Hi everyone,

we're a small team from Germany and we have been working on the prototype of a platform with the goal to make it easier for developers to collect feedback and suggestions from players, as well as fund the ongoing development of their games.

On Gameloop developers can collect new ideas and feedback for their games and subsequently crowdfund the resulting new features while aiming to complete development in short time frames. This is in contrast to classic crowdfunding that aims at larger sums for entire projects that are hard to plan and are carried out over long time periods. Since the funding goals and amounts tend to be smaller, we call this approach Micro Crowdfunding. We believe this can be benefitial especially for indie developers who use agile development methods.

We launched the beta only a few weeks ago and we are trying to see if anyone is interested in using it. So far we have 10 (public) games on the platform, at least two of which will be available soon via Steam.

Please feel free to visit us on https://gameloop.io and let me know whether you are interested.
Any feedback is welcome!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:57:01 AM by gameloop.io » Logged
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:21:33 AM »

Looks like a pretty cool idea and I like the design of the website.

I have registered and checked out a few of the games and the UI seems intuitive and easy to deal with (from a subscriber perspective). This brings a point though... when trying to start out my own developer sign up, it requested the name of my company and the website. Does that mean the website is only geared for indies who have a company or an established portfolio? What if I am a one-man team starting out but don't have a company yet?

gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:27 AM »

Thanks very much, glad you like it!

Regarding the developer registration: This is actually just bad wording on our part. You don't need to have a company to register and use gameloop. Thanks for pointing it out, I changed the texts accordingly.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »

Another thing I'd suggest is that during the sign up process, perhaps separate people Developers and Non-Developers. The way it is now, I found the registration process for Developers from the footer. I couldn't find it even on the landing page you linked on. Is that intended?

Why not have a button in that landing page you linked that says "Register as Developer" or "Start your developer Account"?

gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »

We actually have a general and a developer-specific intro and apparently missed this completely, thanks for pointing it out again. The register buttons are on the general intro page (https://gameloop.io/intro/), and we will today add them to the developer intro page (https://gameloop.io/intro-developer/), as well.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 02:59:09 AM »

Cool, sounds good. Is it possible to change between accounts? Say like in GameJolt for example. I can be a gamer and have a gamer account then change to developer or vice versa.

gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 06:09:33 AM »

Well, you don't need two different accounts. All accounts are created equal on gameloop. When you register a developer a developer profile is created and associated to your account. Any number of users can be associated to a developer and vice versa.

That means even after having created one or more developer profiles, you can still do all the player actions (such as voting, discussing, and funding) independently.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »

Ahh, I see what you mean. Good point.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »

emailed you guys. I develop crowd funding campaigns and would like to take a look at your tools.

Fanchem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 03:20:15 AM »

I like the idea behind. Is it possible to replace a forum completely with your site? Or do I still need my own?
gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 05:46:58 AM »

Pandara_RA, I answered your email. I hope you received the reply.

Fanchem, you can use gameloop.io as a forum of sorts. Every game has a free comments section that can be nested.
Feedbal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 02:27:25 AM »

Gameloop.io looks very impressive. I hate forums, developer reply rarely and if a thread go offtopic, it is lost. Gameloop.io on the other side will present my idea separate from the discussion - nice idea!
My Question is: How will you ensure that devlopers review suggested ideas?
TSCtsk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »

I hope you don't mind, but I linked your site also on a forum that I use for Game Devs.  Your site seems like a neat opportunity for Game Devs and gamers alike!

Thank you
gameloop.io
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad you like it.

@Feedbal, we obviously can't force them. Only developers who actually care about player feedback will sign up for the site - which is fine. But the ones who are using gameloop will get notified about each new idea for their games.

@TSCtsk, we don't mind the least, thank you! :D Do you mind telling me what site you linked it on?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic