Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:59:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesRap Attack: 2pacalypse Now [FINISHED]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Rap Attack: 2pacalypse Now [FINISHED]  (Read 57484 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »

Frontpage edit:

Rap Attack: 2pacalypse Now! v1.0

(Please yell if sound isnt working, but if its to do with a crash bug, please send a email directly to our testing department at [email protected].  We know chamillionaires menu selection is currently bugged also, and we are formulating a quick work around which will be included in later, unspecified patches.)

download link:www.theirongaia.com/test/final/rapattack.zip

8 playable characters, with unique introductions and endings for each character, 4 different levels, deep and immersive world and plot, it is, without a doubt, the best game you have ever seen....

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Dual or Quad Core Cpu, lots of Ram, optional physics card, this is some high end shit here, might want to upgrade that 586 if you cant run it.

HOW TO PLAY

Okay, so basically, the idea is to destroy the enemy in hails of gunfire using your left click, though you will probably run out of bullets before your enemies drop.  Heres where rapping comes in, when your near a bunch of fans, spam some right click rapping action, fans will drop all sorts of shit, some of it will give you points, other will give you hp, others will give you ammo.

In addition, rapping also slows enemy bullets, putting the blat in blat-fu.  Longer you let your rapping continue, slower the enemy bullets get,until they just fall out of the air, crazy.  If you want to be a hella smart-ass, you can even shoot the enemies bullets out of the air with your own bullets, its coo.

Dont forget, fans are there as meat shields, if your enemy sprays a hail of bullets at you, don't worry too much, jump behind some fans, remember, they are talentless lemmings, thats why your rapping, and there standing there with bullets in them.

The weapon upgrades are as follows:

Shotgun- Awesome because it has bullshit damage, can shoot other bullets out of the air very easily, and it isn't effected by the slowing effect when enemies rap.  Downside is it uses loads of ammo per shot, and piss poor range.

Uzi
-  Hell yea, this thing is totally nasty, pretty sweet though its sort of inaccurate, wastes ammo pretty bad, but if you want to spray that shit, then hell its worth it.

Pistol-  The most accurate, but slow firing of the weapons, good for the rapper who likes a few well placed shots than just spraying a mess everywhere.

CONTROLS

wasd to move around, duck, jump and double jump.

left click to gat pop, and confirm in menus.

right click to spit hot lyrical fire.

ENTER SKIPS DIALOG, use only if you crash or something, since most of the game is in the dialog.

KNOWN BUGS

-Chamillionaires menu select is still bugged, I might have to create a work around however.
-Playable Peter Andre's head glitches occasionally.
-Chamillionares Revenge scene is bugged.
-50 Cents skyscrapper scene has fans standing on air.
-2pacs scene has fans standing on air.
-powerups do not land on the ground in some stages.

Rest asured, this will be all fixed in patch 1.01, due out sometime before 2020.

End o edit.

I'm starting this thread on the hope that Derek doesn't delete the post, in the treads of average higgins.  Anyway, I think all crap games should have more hype and ideas behind them than actual work, so thats the reason for starting somewhat early...  Now to the game!

The story begins the fateful year of 2007, when in the midst of a cosmic and heavenly battle between two of the greatest rap messiahs in heaven, 2pac and Biggie Smalls, 2pac slays the rapper formally of badboy entertainment, and for fills the prophecy once spoken by mortal toungue, allowing him to return to the land of mortals to conquer rap forever, and destroy the world as we know it, prophets named this event the 2pacalypse.

Young rappers from around the world, feel the disturbance, knowing for well 2pacalypse is nigh.

It is your job, young hero, to conquer all the mortal rappers, to rise to the most illest rapper on the planet, sharpen you rap skills, and face-off against the immortal 2pac and stop the 2pacalypse now, and save the world as we know it...

The sue-worthy cast from the game features real rappers relevant to 2007, heres there rapsheets.... rap-sheets.

50 cent
bio- 50 cent is the kingpin of the east-coast rap game, supported by the G-Unit, he prepares for the 2pacaplypse the best way he knows how, shining his nine, you know how he do.
strengths- cooler than a fan, 50 is resilient to chest shots, as he always wears his g unit vest. Execpt for the end of get rich or die trying.
weakness- unknown

Chamillionare
bio-The CEO of chamillitary, and labeled the mixtape messiah, or mixtape mufasah, chamillitary man, or chamillionator, or chamillionare, depending on the source, is, without a doubt, the worlds forefront leader in thinking of stupid rap inspired tag names.
strengths- chamilltary training, allowing him to stick and move at a fast pace.
weaknesses- from the South.

Ice Cube-
bio- Formally of NWA to get his respect, formally of Westside connection to getting his chedar, hes a force to be reckoned with...
strengths- stared in XXX2, making him excellent at pulling of near bullshit stunts with relative ease.
weaknesses- tried to create worldwide west-side, basic geology says thats stupid and impossible.

The game features a combination of rap offs, gatt popping, and other assorted rap flavored pass-times, more to come no doubt.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:42:38 AM by Derek » Logged

Monothu
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »

So, how will it play?  Like some sort of crappy Parappa the Rapper clone?

Breathing - America's true national pastime.
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 05:07:46 PM »

Text adventure. Smiley Smiley

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »

you control a rapper in a rap battle, you have 2 basic commands, lyrical assult, and gatt pop.  Gat poping does emeidate damage to the rapper, but it can be avoided and occasionally deflected.  Assulting another rapper lyricly slows down there
dodge and movement speeds, and increases your songs "hot" level, unlike gatt popping, it cant be deflected.  Once your meter is "Hot", represented by fans cheering in the foreground, you can unleash a super attack, summoning your onterage to deal massive damage.

You can also duck jump, and move around freely to collect powerups, such as ak-47's to increase your firepower, and ofcorse the makeshift prison knife, which kills a rapper instantly with one attack, commonly made from bunkbed frames.  Health powerups also include a bottle o hinny, for a small health boast, or a sack of hash for a full health boast.

the game ends when one rapper is defeated, he then delivers a final blow insult and finishing move, before the battle is displayed on the cover of source.

The gameplay will be frantic side scrolling, but with little scrolling, have faith that this game will be so horrible it will blow your nuts off.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 05:12:11 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »

Anyway, I think all crap games should have more hype and ideas behind them than actual work.
Amen to that, brother!
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:17:32 PM »

Nice.  Don't forget bugs bunny. Wink

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:09 PM »

I really want to keep this as serious package as possible, think a gentle blend between gangsta rap culture and supernatural themes, because they are very similarly related, so like, lots of ancient prophecies, and rap angels, deeply blended with the street feeling that comes from todays gangsta rap.

I really think thats the aim I'm going for, trying to keep the mini project as serious as possible, and portray it in a gritty realistic manner, but without forgetting that It could all be lost as the 2pacalypse draws near.

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 08:39:25 PM »

I think this game sounds more it should use the microphone to record the player rapping. Images of random items will come up on the screen and the player has to freestyle about them.

MattC
Level 0

TIGSourcerer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »

a gentle blend between gangsta rap culture and supernatural themes

What's sad is that this has been done

. (Though I actually enjoyed the game back in the day.) Good luck!
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »

Whoa shit that wutang game looks bangin, but on a more serious note, while the mic idea is great, i don't want to put to much thought into the actual game-play so much that it focuses on one facet of the rap battle, remember punching and busting caps other rappers is just as important as the actual lyrical battle itself, they realy compliment each other.  Oh also, I pictured the supernatural influence to be a very Cristian in influence, lots of high pitched singing angels, clutching harps, but seamlessly blended by hood crackers, prostitutes, and gritty urban streets.

Ok now as far as development, ill be only releasing concept images i feel are final enough to show the public, i realy want to keep most of the development stuff secret till the end, so it can remain pure away from critique until the deadline.  Heres the first of the final character images, this one of the rap messiah 2pac.

I think i nailed it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 12:04:53 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:23 AM »

i love how his hands are a white guys hands :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:00:06 PM by nizzate » Logged

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »

After playing Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, I'm excited by the prospect of an indie action game or RPG about rappers.  A much better premise than Def Jam Vendetta, at least (and more realistic, too).  Great name, as well!

I think Bone Thugz n' Harmony should appear somewhere in the game, however. Shocked
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 01:41:49 AM »

the bone thugs are apart of the ancient group of prophets disguised as rappers, ordered with protecting the parts of the Rap Scion from the hands of 2pac in the time of the 2pacalypse, dont worry I wouldnt forget them Smiley

The heroes

Big thanks to www.squidtank.com for the hero portraits !
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:55:30 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 03:26:21 PM »

Ice cube, yea yea.  That being said, Its a little too polished, and I will probably run out of time dicking around with sprites this long, so next ones will probably be dodgy as hell.

Done some modifications to the gameplay, instead of slowing the enemies with the rapping button, it now slows the bullets, I call this..... Blat-Fu!  Blat-fu was a ancient technique studied by martial artists of past, most notably Shaolin monks, who, with time passed this deadly technique onto the wu-tang clan, who forever spread it through rap...  Like many ghetto fighting styles, Blat-Fu enables one to focus his lyrical energy to slow down the "blat" of a bullet, though its not limited to just dodging bullets. 

This is why rappers can think of stuff on the fly so quick, and also why they can seemingly get shot at, and live to tell the tale, but its not a vest that saves them, its there natural affinity with the inner blat, that allows them to slow time to a near creep on things they are focused on, allowing to alter time with there cosmic powers.

So to even the gameplay, when your rapping, you actually slow the enemies bullets, and with a high enough synergy with the cosmic energies of the Blat, you can even stop bullets entirely, Neo Style....

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 03:28:55 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 03:35:35 PM »

Ice cube, yea yea.
This has my vote for best single image submitted for this contest so far. I am totally pumped for this game now. Please release a demo soon!
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

Ice cube, yea yea.
This has my vote for best single image submitted for this contest so far. I am totally pumped for this game now. Please release a demo soon!

I second that....great sprite!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

Oh he's singing. At first I thought he was smoking or something, then I realized that it couldn't be that, so I moved onto a "doin' naughty things to random phallic object" theory.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »

thats just the idle, when he raps he does alot of pointing, waving etc, grabbing his nuts and pants, and pointing.... lots of pointing.  That and his mouth moves...  Its just a heap of rap animations strung together in a random format, looking something similar to this one, and once ingame, it gives the impression hes actually laying the lyrical law down...

I realy do plan to waste most of the art times making 10 percent of the art fairly decent, leaving the backgrounds looking like some dodgy lasso cutout job.

Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 05:07:31 PM »

As long as the rest of the main sprites are this good, people will be too busy looking at them to notice the crappy looking backgrounds and stuff.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »

Holy shit, man, I am really looking forward to this game! Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic