Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:33:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesRap Attack: 2pacalypse Now [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Rap Attack: 2pacalypse Now [FINISHED]  (Read 56965 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 04:23:26 AM »

Bloody hell - that sprite is incredible! Are you sure you haven't entered the wrong contest by mistake?  Shocked

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »

Lol, just wait till you see a screenshot, it hurts the eyes... minus the main characters sprites.  I realy wanted to go nuts on the main characters, so it looks like a poor attempt at managing time... which it is Smiley

Speaking of time, thanks to the crunch hour weeks at work (yay for crunch), im having to rethink how much content i can add into this game. I realy wanted to add multiple levels, each with dangers and alike.  South Central, The chamillitary secret underwater base, G-unit industries skyscraper, and of course, 2pacs flying fortress, the rimjob, a giant chromed out flying car wheel, where the final epic battle will take place.  Not to mention a heavy RPG inspired interlude between each battle, to explain the motives behind each of the rappers at the time, and to progress the deep story, which is, by far the most important part.  Its important everyone on the earth knows what the comming of 2pac again means, because it is only a matter of time before it happens for real.... the 2pacalypse..

But speaking of that poor time planning again, every character has a heap of weapons!  Which took close to a week to animate, now you can clik-clack more than just 9's,  a host of pickups also, from watermellon to foodstamps.  Im working on a 2 player mode also outside the story mode, if it gets done or not is another thing, updates again soon...

Unintentional master of blat-fu- CEO of G-G-G-Unit - King of NY - 50 CENT.

He run this rap shit.

r0cko
Level 0

Alley Kat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 02:45:35 PM »

That ice-cube sprite is bad, can't wait dude  :D
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Another update, this final image is blending revolutionary techniques seen only in this title!  It is the 4 RIdahz of the 2pacalypse, cept horses are gay, so they ride pimped out dinosaurs.

Krayzie bone has bucket seats and grills installed on his T-rex, p.diddy has the flying dinosaur thing, because hes hella fly.  Nas is rolling on his underwater dinosaur on cromed 28's, and Mac Dre is riding a charmanda.

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:23 AM »

I think I just died of a win overdose.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Oddbob
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 03:56:04 AM »

:D

Christ, that's stunning.
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »

That is seriously badass.

olücæbelel
jazzuo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:09 AM »

rap game should be a typing game
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 06:42:28 PM »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 03:05:01 PM »

Thanks for the nice words, Ive nailed down the back story and stopped the feature creep.  The game is officially a slow rpg with loads of dialog, un-interactive of course, mixed with fast paced shooting elements.  The game features 5! secret unlocakble fighters, and for the 3 main fighters, each with there own stage, there is unique dialog for most of the story, unique start sequences, and a unique end sequence for each rapper. Plus different skill trees!  With one skill in each tree, dark and light, which will you choose?

Ive also added a deep and moving storyline dating back to the dawn of time, when the superrace, the neo-dinosaurs created rap with there ancient rap-magics, It is, realy, pretty much the best game you will ever play... ever. 

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 03:10:58 PM »

yes. Yes. YES

olücæbelel
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 07:24:48 AM »

Can we see them using their gats?

Is 'gat' still the right term? Am I talking like a 1920s gangster?

Madgarden
Level 1

C=

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 07:41:37 AM »

I'm hip to your jive, turkey. Word to the motherboard!
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

Sir, if you persist in verbally harassing me, I am afraid I will have to react in self defense by disseminating projectiles into the immediate environment by way of my combustive projectile launcher.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 05:45:06 AM »

Sorry guys I ain't gonna finish in time, been fun though.

can-o-spam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 08:35:06 AM »

But.. But.. You'll release it, right?
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

If you don't release this game there will be a 2pacalypse in my heart!
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »

You should wrap it up as best you can and release it anyway. Most B-Movies were made as such because of a lack of budget/resources, so it would be realistic if you ended up with a very different product from the one you first envisioned. Add blood and naked women(italian recipe), or giant 2-frames monsters. You could even use stuff that you did for other projects/tests, just like using stock footage to fill in the blanks in the movie.
As long as you have normal mapping...

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »

Unfortunately no release, sorry guys I realy tried to finish it, but just didnt make it in time.... I wish you all could of experienced the 2pacalypse... I guess now the neo-dinosaurs will have died in vein. Sad
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 03:21:57 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »

Haha, well what do you know, you can finish the other 90 percent of a game in a day. all the errors will be solved with patching at a later, unspecified date!

That and im falling behind on The Iron Gaia deadlines, so back to making my game, been fun guys.

Now, times almost up, so here it is...

Rap Attack: 2pacalypse Now! v1.0

(Please yell if sound isnt working, but if its to do with a crash bug, please send a email directly to our testing department at [email protected].  We know chamillionaires menu selection is currently bugged also, and we are formulating a quick work around which will be included in later, unspecified patches.)

download link:www.theirongaia.com/test/final/rapattack.zip

8 playable characters, with unique introductions and endings for each character, 4 different levels, deep and immersive world and plot, it is, without a doubt, the best game you have ever seen....

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Dual or Quad Core Cpu, lots of Ram, optional physics card, this is some high end shit here, might want to upgrade that 586 if you cant run it.

HOW TO PLAY

Okay, so basically, the idea is to destroy the enemy in hails of gunfire using your left click, though you will probably run out of bullets before your enemies drop.  Heres where rapping comes in, when your near a bunch of fans, spam some right click rapping action, fans will drop all sorts of shit, some of it will give you points, other will give you hp, others will give you ammo.

In addition, rapping also slows enemy bullets, putting the blat in blat-fu.  Longer you let your rapping continue, slower the enemy bullets get,until they just fall out of the air, crazy.  If you want to be a hella smart-ass, you can even shoot the enemies bullets out of the air with your own bullets, its coo.

Dont forget, fans are there as meat shields, if your enemy sprays a hail of bullets at you, don't worry too much, jump behind some fans, remember, they are talentless lemmings, thats why your rapping, and there standing there with bullets in them.

The weapon upgrades are as follows:

Shotgun- Awesome because it has bullshit damage, can shoot other bullets out of the air very easily, and it isn't effected by the slowing effect when enemies rap.  Downside is it uses loads of ammo per shot, and piss poor range.

Uzi
-  Hell yea, this thing is totally nasty, pretty sweet though its sort of inaccurate, wastes ammo pretty bad, but if you want to spray that shit, then hell its worth it.

Pistol-  The most accurate, but slow firing of the weapons, good for the rapper who likes a few well placed shots than just spraying a mess everywhere.

CONTROLS

wasd to move around, duck, jump and double jump.

left click to gat pop, and confirm in menus.

right click to spit hot lyrical fire.

ENTER SKIPS DIALOG, use only if you crash or something, since most of the game is in the dialog.

KNOWN BUGS

-Chamillionaires menu select is still bugged, I might have to create a work around however.
-Playable Peter Andre's head glitches occasionally.
-Chamillionares Revenge scene is bugged.
-50 Cents skyscrapper scene has fans standing on air.
-2pacs scene has fans standing on air.
-powerups do not land on the ground in some stages.

Rest asured, this will be all fixed in patch 1.01, due out sometime before 2020.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:26:10 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic