Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:13:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeGlassbrick, Screen magnifier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Glassbrick, Screen magnifier.  (Read 1176 times)
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:22 AM »

A good friend made this tool to aid with vision impaired people working on computers, and it's a super fast well thought out screen magnifier.

so far I'm finding that it is super useful to zoom the screen instead of zooming apps when analyzing stuff, especially when working on pixel art or doing pixel perfect layouts.

Give it a shot and throw him a few bucks if you find it handy

http://www.glassbrick.org/

If you guys have feedback post it here and I'll link him to the thread.

Farage
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:26:58 PM »

Im using it right now and its actually pretty good.
I often catch myself leaning on the computer screen for some reason, guess that wont happen anymore :D
-edit-
Well, i had to stop using it because it started messing up with my keyboard.
Since my main language requires this letter: "é" and the program wouldn't let me type it correctly.
What a shame. Guess im back to screen leaning.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:35:53 PM by Farage » Logged
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »

The tool is in active development, I'll pass that info onto the Dev, I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Could you explain exactly what is happening?

Farage
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:27:54 PM »

The tool is in active development, I'll pass that info onto the Dev, I'm sure it's an easy fix.

Could you explain exactly what is happening?

As i said, when i try to type the letter: "e" with this: "´" on top of it, it gives me this: "e´´" instead. When it should only be "é", "É"
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:41:55 PM »

As a native english speaker i have no idea how you type those letters. Is it through using alt codes? or do you have a specific keyboard with a modifier?

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:56:21 AM »

Look up about dead keys. Basically first you type the accent (nothing appears), then the letter (the accented letter appears). Probably the most obvious layout to try this on is Spanish layouts.

I have no idea how could a magnifier mess up with keyboard input though o.o Maybe the cursor following algorithm? Because what he describes makes it sound like the inputs are reversed (if you type a dead key twice or with a character that can't be accented then the accent alone will appear).
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »

Thanks! I'll pass on the info!

spacemanalpha
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »

Well, i had to stop using it because it started messing up with my keyboard.
Since my main language requires this letter: "é" and the program wouldn't let me type it correctly.
What a shame. Guess im back to screen leaning.

This bug has been fixed now. You can re download Glassbrick from http://www.glassbrick.org/download/ and it will have the fix. Thank you Farage for finding this and thank you Sik for explaining dead keys. 
Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic