Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:51:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralYogscast kickstarter game debacle
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Yogscast kickstarter game debacle  (Read 16955 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »

still disappointed dashcon wasn't just a giant sonic convention

also this whole deal is just an incredible crock of shit

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »

Maybe they can give backers some of these instead.

Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

I laughed pretty hard when I first saw this a while ago.

Good. Yogscast suck. Where a bunch of 12 year old Minecraft-playing children got the money to muster up 500k for these guys I will never know.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2014, 02:36:53 AM »

i mean homestuck got 2 million dollars

12 year olds is money

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:26 AM »

The kids dig it.  Too bad they aren't too bright.

Where a bunch of 12 year old Minecraft-playing children got the money to muster up 500k for these guys I will never know.

Their parents.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2014, 04:22:07 AM »

Looks like TUG will be going through some similar stuff then.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »

just for some comparison, the potato salad kickstarter guy totally just came through and knocked it out of the park: http://kotaku.com/the-potato-salad-kickstarter-festival-actually-happened-1640680938

put on a big festival, gave $20,000 to charity, everybody had fun, backers are happy, and then raised EVEN MORE for charity. potato salad guy's joke kickstarter is putting our whole damn industry to shame.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »

We lost to the potato salad guy.  Wrap it up guys, we're done here. Cry

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/19/kickstarter-updates-terms-of-use-section-related-to-failed-projects/

Who's willing to bet this was change partially inspired by the Yogscast clusterfuck?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:31:22 AM by Udderdude » Logged
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2014, 06:48:04 AM »

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/19/kickstarter-updates-terms-of-use-section-related-to-failed-projects/

Who's willing to bet this was change partially inspired by the Yogscast clusterfuck?
I suspected it to happen sooner or later. KS crew sure wouldn't want their site known for project creators getting away with the money, without delivering. Funny though, it's almost always those giant game projects having the problem reaching their goals, the ones would people trust the most with having their money.

Ks is for potatosalads.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2014, 06:57:58 AM »

Wait a second, the potato salad thing scaled up into a festival? o_o (the stretch goals only said it'd be a party) I wonder if there will be people pushing to turn it into a yearly event.
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2014, 07:02:21 AM »

They built a statue from potatoes that they burned it, and they got high on potatoes, while listening to potatodelic rock.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:59 AM »

those kickstarter changes are fantastic news all around; think about the amount of times you've seen whiny complaints from whiners (though: whiners with a good point) who will say mmmnnEYEAAH that's why I don't do kickstarters, uh bc there's *spits* nothing keeping the other side of the equation from just takin' the money *snort* and running *inhaler* and now we have a thing that makes kickstarters way, way more of a safe bet, which is incredibly good for all of us planning on doing a kickstarter literally ever in the future

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »

Actually, it doesn't changes much, you already had the right to file a lawsuit, if they took your money and delivered nothing. Now it's just noted in their Terms Of Use.
But I guess it's a step to the right direction.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »

even if you have the right to lawsuit (and, mind, that's a blanket near-universal right in the case of wrongdoing by a larger body) the concrete wording and stating in the TOS makes it far more real to the layman; the perceived safety net is what's important here, not the real one. i think it does changes a lot, honestly.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »

They built a statue from potatoes that they burned it, and they got high on potatoes, while listening to potatodelic rock.

duuude what if, like, the whole universe is just a huge potato and we're the salad? far out maaaaan

btw what is a yogurtscast
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:59 AM »

Well, I hope you're right then. Smiley

What I wonder is what happens if I file a lawsuit from Europe to someone at the USA, what kinda laws will be considred then, because those big kickstarter successes actually draw pledges internationally, not excusively from USA (or GB or Canada). So I wonder if there's any chance for someone who from Germany or Brazil to actually get back the money in foreseenable time? To me it still looks like it's mostly just a formal change from KS staff, made for self-protection.

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »

It's the ALUMINADE!

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »

Not only have they received 0.5M for nothing, a debacle like this could earn them quite some extra.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

It's the ALUMINADE!

OH FUCK WE'RE DONE FOR

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »

Actually, it doesn't changes much, you already had the right to file a lawsuit, if they took your money and delivered nothing. Now it's just noted in their Terms Of Use.
But I guess it's a step to the right direction.

Actually, it does provide points that allow the situation to be redeemed as well (e.g. if you refund the pledges then you're considered to have not breached the rules).

What I wonder is what happens if I file a lawsuit from Europe to someone at the USA, what kinda laws will be considred then, because those big kickstarter successes actually draw pledges internationally, not excusively from USA (or GB or Canada).

Considering how they have been handling stuff lately? Probably it'd fall under European laws, because the consumer was located in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic