Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:41:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralYogscast kickstarter game debacle
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Yogscast kickstarter game debacle  (Read 16949 times)
jiitype
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2014, 05:23:50 AM »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/226868/Humble_Bundle_debuts_curated_storefronts_with_Yogscast_partnership.php

huh
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2014, 05:53:13 AM »

Actually, it does provide points that allow the situation to be redeemed as well (e.g. if you refund the pledges then you're considered to have not breached the rules).
Hmm... You're right, I missed that.

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2014, 06:01:24 AM »

thats so hypocritical it can only be done by humans.

edit: and it made me suddenly remember Tim 'edge' Langdel
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:50:31 AM by nikki » Logged
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2014, 06:37:31 AM »

That does beg belief ...

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »

dat journalistic integrity tho

fine upstanding gentlemen like them

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »

The partnership is billed as an effort to help people find and play the games they see the Yogscast YouTubers playing

I hate this.  It's so easy to market your game by shilling it to these YT personalities but at the same time there's no way I'm giving up my integrity and dignity to allow these morons to slander and make fun of my game for their own benefit.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Ammypendent
Level 0

Indiedev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »

The partnership is billed as an effort to help people find and play the games they see the Yogscast YouTubers playing

I hate this.  It's so easy to market your game by shilling it to these YT personalities but at the same time there's no way I'm giving up my integrity and dignity to allow these morons to slander and make fun of my game for their own benefit.

I mean... last time I ever looked at their channel it was MINECRAFT MINECRAFT MINECRAFT SOMECLONECRAFT MINECRAFT etc. To top it off Minecraft it's actually not on Humble store.

I really wonder what the humble team was thinking. I wouldn't have touched Yog with a 100ft pole until things were publicly clear on that missing 100k.

It would have been much better to partner with someone like Markiplier who actually plays many different games available on Humble store, who are growing in popularity and who doesn't have a "Kickstarter problem."

Twitter
BarchKing
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:17 AM »

yogscast is a umbrella term for a group of people, on the mainfront minecraft is the driving bull but that is an illusion that blinds you from the truth; yogscasts plays other games. You have sijn hannah and other people who are all together like a faction. they do not take the entire spotlight but underneath the shadow is games like prision archiectect or spelunky. Search if you disagree with me; look for sijns channel or hannahs. and you will understand

House Redoran is like yogscast, together they dominate the indie games. You should dismiss them so readily.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:18:47 AM by BarchKing » Logged
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2014, 06:56:47 AM »

Yogscast more like LogsCastIntoTheToiletBowlKnownAsTheInternet
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic