Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:55:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGhost Song: Atmospheric sci fi 2D -- Up; new 25 minute gameplay video
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Song: Atmospheric sci fi 2D -- Up; new 25 minute gameplay video  (Read 51686 times)
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »

I always dig these gifs KissHand Thumbs Up Right I hope it's not too late to preorder, I've got some money now & should probably get around to that
twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »

thanks Smiley

some glowing effect I came up with. http://www.gfycat.com/SerpentineOrneryHornshark

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »

this makes me cry because how the fuck is this stencyl

this is amazing

DangerMomentum
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2014, 07:35:10 PM »

This is the Metroidvania game I've always wanted to make. I cannot wait to play this, keep on keepin' on.

LanziVision
Level 0

LanziVision

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2014, 07:43:15 PM »

I love the look, I love what the gameplay looks like, I love the music. But I did not really enjoy the constant loud footsteps, I think you should turn down the volume on those.
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »

The look is fantastic! Unique and interesting! Keep up the good work.

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2014, 09:53:25 AM »

thanks guys. Smiley really appreciate it. the footsteps and other sounds are always constantly up for debate and subject to tweaking, don't worry.

here's the world's first ever straight to gif trailer. This is in anticipation of the upcoming beta backer demo.

http://www.gfycat.com/LavishTalkativeKiskadee

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2014, 07:06:53 PM »

finally looked at the steam sdk and I think I have it sorted out for now...

should be no trouble distributing the demo via steam! that's a load off my mind. doing it any other way would have been suboptimal, to say the least.

Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »

finally looked at the steam sdk and I think I have it sorted out for now...

should be no trouble distributing the demo via steam! that's a load off my mind. doing it any other way would have been suboptimal, to say the least.

It would be super helpful to have a small "how you did it" here or on the stencyl forum. This is a topic many will face. Greets!

jay-run
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2014, 11:39:03 PM »

Very impressive! I love vania game and this is the best that i see.

I remembered when i played supermetroid on my snes long time ago...fantastic moments.

I will wait this!

Our game in development :
Powershine
ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

Outstanding and very poetic. Didn't see that the game has been already KS funded during my first pass on this thread so good to know this will seamlessly go all the way up to the release. Smiley

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »

thank you guys for your kind comments.  Smiley

@Bombini: I haven't done much of anything in the ways of integration into the game -- things like achievements -- I haven't learned that yet. What I have done is learned the basics of Steam's process for putting your game on the service and updating it -- using their "Steampipe", as they call it. You download an SDK and run some scripts. There's also "Steam CMD" which is an app in the SDK that looks like a command prompt and you use that to package and upload your builds.

As far as getting the game up on Steam, just the basics, it's not as hard as it initially looks and they provide ample documentation.

Moving along -- image time:

I have been revamping some old rooms, and in this case I opted to put in a "soft" requirement for the dash move. As always, click for the higher res webm.

(click for full version)

I say "soft" requirement because it's possible to derp your way through these by taking damage and using invuln frames. The damage from spikes is so high, though, that you'd need an unlikely amount of health for this point in the game. The design goal is that anyone weird enough to - for some reason -- want to try and do the next area without the dash can knock themselves out, but most people probably won't find themselves there by accident.

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

was playing with the acceleration curve. I lengthened it out.

http://www.gfycat.com/TallActualHoneybee

I set up a natural curve by using forces to set the speed -- a force amount being effected every frame and limited by a multiplier -- something like .96 if I recall. This causes a natural curve.

I wanted to spread it out more, though, so I allowed the force to be upped in three phases as you run for a longer time uninterrupted. Also allowed for a subtle ghosting effect when you're near max speed (I may make this a bit more subtle).

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:35 PM »

the placeholder death sequence I've had since forever -- thinking about whether it should remain in the beta release or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFS6E46VIRE&feature=youtu.be

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2014, 07:58:35 PM »

That is comedy. I'd probably come up with something more akin to what you'll be doing in game for the beta though.
twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »

I've been working on making the bluey glowy rooms I've been meaning to do for a while. The color banding you see is real -- that's caused by the color reduction shader in use.

click for full.

This was done very economically in terms of memory -- it's mostly just the same few graphics, and the background, since it's so obscured, was able to be created with very small source graphics.

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2014, 06:22:56 AM »

in this encounter, you need to manage your resources properly to survive. shooting the beetle with certain weapons can slow it down, other enemies can slow it down, and you must also carefully manage your dash timer and armor in order to make it through the spikes, or you could find yourself quickly out of luck.

clik for bik.

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »

I think one of the fun things in a game is realizing that certain enemies can interact with eachother.

http://www.gfycat.com/VelvetyVigilantHuia

twotimingpete
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »

I'm looking for any fellow devs who would be interested in testing the beta build in the near future (you'll receive a steam key, you won't have to do any downloading or installing by hand) and be constructive, providing useful feedback on the pros and cons of the game, reporting issues, and whatever else. let me know.

oh, you need windows, and probably a semi-recent desktop -- gimpy laptops with integrated video may have serious problems with framerate. It's also advisable that you have a 360/XB1 controller or a controller that emulates them or can be mapped to emulate them.

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2014, 08:28:10 PM »

gimpy laptops with integrated video may have serious problems with framerate.

I don't like the sound of that. I hope I can play this on my laptop, here's my specs if you have a minute
http://i.imgur.com/T6dW6ab.png
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic