Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:37:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallShmup God
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shmup God  (Read 903 times)
CoderGamesStrikesBack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:52:34 AM »

I'm already deep into development of the game, but it's still early.

I opened up an IndieDB page, it has some screen shots. In short, Shmup God is the best shmup ever made, all the fans of classic shmups will worship the game.

The game is a true 3d game with realistic graphics, a bit demanding on the video card / CPU side. Once I finish all the features the minimum system requirements will be established, but in my experience, since the models will be complex, the models and graphics on the screenshots are not finished, and there will be thousands of objects on screen simultaneously, 2.2 Ghz and a decent Shader 2.0 video card would be necessary to play the game, without FSAA (Full Scene Anti Aliasing) turned on, at maximum FPS.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/shmup-god

CoderGamesStrikesBack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 06:19:24 AM »

I resumed development after a longer break, so here are few more screenshots from the game. I'm at the point of implementing different bullet hell patterns. It might not get as hellish as Japanese Cave shmups, but I managed to make an original mechanics in the game allowing me to implement strategy elements giving something not ever seen before in the shmups to the players.

mhaweels
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:50:37 AM »

Wow, this looks impressive. Looking forward to playtesting this one.  Well, hello there!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic