Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:51:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGlutton Mash - Crunchy Beta Available! ( actually the finished version )
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Glutton Mash - Crunchy Beta Available! ( actually the finished version )  (Read 6561 times)
AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 03:45:25 AM »

Awww man! My right hand always seems to win!

I need a friend...

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 04:12:19 AM »

I need a friend...

Or he could make a multiplayer option Tongue
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:29 AM »

I've played your beta, this game is genious.
MUST Hand Any Key those buttons  Addicted
Maybe you can add more gameplay features to make it even better, because now, it's always the same and it would get a bit boring after some time...
But you made a nice beta, looking forward to see what progress you'll make on this game!

Thanks!!

I'm considering adding more stuff to it.. My initial plan was just to make a very simple game so I could finish, but I have some features and other gamemodes in mind that may not be hard to implement. I'll probably add some  Coffee

I need a friend...

It happens with me too!!! And I'm left-handed!!!
I even gave a second look at my code but there is nothing wrong, i think the blue frog is just really hungry  Shrug

Or he could make a multiplayer option Tongue

It would be really cool to have online multiplayer, but it's WAY out of scope right now. I might take a look at how to do it but it probably won't be added  Concerned

BUT... i will add controller support and MAYBE.. 4-player mode? I dont know.. (serious emphasis on that "maybe")

----

I can't leave a post without an image so I'll throw this really cute sketch of the characters, made by my amazing sister ( you can check her deviantart here: http://nipha-nya.deviantart.com/ )

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »

The red one wins most of the time here (if I don't play this with someone else).
And I'm right handed  Durr...?
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »

The red one wins most of the time here (if I don't play this with someone else).
And I'm right handed  Durr...?

Hmmm... That's interesting... Maybe everything is related...  Noir I shall investigate later  Cool

----

This game is getting WAY too dangerous! ( bug while adding a new gamemode )

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 11:55:32 AM »

Can you eat the bombs? Wizard
lai-studioguts
Level 0

Hello. Kobo would like to be your friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »

LOL my computer can't trust the download for some reason! It won't let me open it. I am so angry. I love this game. It doesn't love me back  Cry

lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »

Evil I WILL GET THAT DOWNLOAD *goes back to try again*

lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:05 PM »

Evil I LOVE IT

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »

Can you eat the bombs? Wizard

Not yet  Ninja

But seriously, the gamemode I thought about would just be "mash while food is falling, don't eat the bombs" if you eat a bomb, you lose. Bombs would randomly spawn at the same time for both players so it would be kinda "rhythmic" ( and they will not collide with food or other bombs, they will just fall on the table and explode or something )

I'm still thinking about it haha  Tongue

LOL my computer can't trust the download for some reason! It won't let me open it. I am so angry. I love this game. It doesn't love me back  Cry

That's weird.. it's probably because it's a direct download of an .exe file, I just uploaded a .rar file with the beta inside, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115712476/Glutton%20Mash%20-%20Crunchy%20Beta%20Version.rar

I hope that fixes it ( maybe it's because the file wasn't downloaded many times, that happened to me once, I don't know  Screamy )
lai-studioguts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »

I HAVE IT WORKING!!!  Evil It's so delicious

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »

I HAVE IT WORKING!!!  Evil It's so delicious

Thank you !  Tears of Joy
Was it some problem with the download ? I hope it doesnt happen with other people too  Concerned

----

New quick look at the new explosive game mode, I'm trying to make it as fast as the other but it wouldn't be fair if the player couldn't spot the bomb before he mashes the button ( i'm also adding a sound effect when a bomb spawns )

"Why are we staring at the food and not eating ?"

Also, should I post the beta somewhere else too ? I made it available primarily for feedback so I don't know  Concerned
c023-DeV
Level 2

DevZoo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 05:27:30 PM »

SWEEEEEEEET! Damn! I see a rebellion concerned with meat mass production firing off here... *nom*nom*

ofx360
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:34 PM »

So simple, but so great! An idea for a game mode could be a time limited mode instead of score limited.
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »

Thanks a lot guys!!

SWEEEEEEEET! Damn! I see a rebellion concerned with meat mass production firing off here... *nom*nom*

Maybe that's where the bombs came from !  Who, Me?

So simple, but so great! An idea for a game mode could be a time limited mode instead of score limited.

Yes ! I'll definitely add time limited modes, that's really simple to change from the score limited. I think I'll probably make a bomberman-like menu where you can choose gamemode, time, score, characters, etc  Smiley

----

Here comes a new challenger!!

I'm still working on the bomb mode, there's not much to do but I overslept  Durr...?
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2014, 01:03:06 PM »

I've spent an entire day trying to get rid of a bug and it's driving me crazy  Waaagh!
Thoughts of: "is it really necessary to add more gamemodes ?"

I suck at programming

ndke
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »

Maybe if you explain the bug, we might come up with a solution Smiley.
noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

the little chompers are so cute. So it it more reflex based or is there any sort of rhythm to it?

illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »

Maybe if you explain the bug, we might come up with a solution Smiley.

My code is a real mess so the bug can be anywhere.. What happens is when someone eats a bomb, the "blue wins" or "red wins" and the sounds happen twice.. I was redoing all the code but it doesnt seem to work, I'm starting to think it's something with construct classic  Sad

the little chompers are so cute. So it it more reflex based or is there any sort of rhythm to it?

Thanks! It's reflex based, as the bombs spawn at random times. I thought about rhythm but it wouldnt feel right without a music to follow  Tongue
illugion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »

Decided to take this project as finished.

My main goal here was to create something simple and I feel like i've done what i wanted to. My code as a real mess to add other gamemodes and it was too complicated just to add something simple to a game that is supposed to be super simple  Tongue

Next project I'll scale up just a little bit  Smiley thanks for the kind comments on the project !
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic