Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:50:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioAttaching Metadata To Your Work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attaching Metadata To Your Work  (Read 711 times)
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:17:32 AM »

Hey all!

I have a question, what is the best way to attach metadata/your identity to an original file(wav or otherwise)?

This leads me to wonder is this something that you as a composer of music/sfx do before sending the files away or is this something you find unnecessary?

Would love to hear your thoughts!  Coffee

My Site  -  My Twitter - *GASP* MY SPINACH PUFFS!
medieval
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 03:26:46 AM »

depending on the software/DAW you use, you can enter your metadata when exporting a song
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:09 AM »

Cool thanks Rōnin!

I use Logic Pro and can export mp3 files with custom metadata but it doesn't seem to have this option when it comes to exporting wav files, unless I'm blind and I'm not seeing how to do it haha

medieval
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »

Cool thanks Rōnin!

I use Logic Pro and can export mp3 files with custom metadata but it doesn't seem to have this option when it comes to exporting wav files, unless I'm blind and I'm not seeing how to do it haha

Ah, I hadn't mentioned that wav files don't actually have artist/song information in their metadata header (i.e. don't support ID3 tags), so this is something you can't do with wav files. I know mp3 and flac files do have it, and some others (but I don't know which ones)

EDIT: I might be wrong on the WAV thing actually. I did a quick search on it and it seems there's even metadata editing software: http://taglib.github.io/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:10:55 AM by narasu » Logged
MereMonkey
Level 2

Creator of Music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:53:14 AM »

Yeah went looking for info myself but any information I got on adding metadata to wav files was very vague, though shall try that link you kindly provided Gentleman

Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 08:59:02 PM »

To export to ogg i use audacity and it allows you to include the metadata. Also even when exporting to wav

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic