Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:50:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)InfiniShip - a(nother) version of this procedural spaceship generator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: InfiniShip - a(nother) version of this procedural spaceship generator  (Read 4053 times)
Go Go Goto
Level 0

Aspirin Addict

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:10:17 AM »

Hi! This is my first topic and I hope I'm not doing something wrong or posting it in wrong place here on TIG. Embarrassed

I'm a really BAD programmer (work with PHP/JS since 2008, but I totally feel like a newbie), so I wanted to do something to train my skills.

As an exercise, and because I wanted to study some procedural generation of sprites, I've rebuilt Dave Bollinger's Pixel Spaceships, that was made in 2006, for Processing. I actually crawled through the web to ask him some permission to remake it and share my code. Tongue (Thanks, Dave!)

There are some versions of this script out in the web (like this one by mtheall), but I wanted to try and build my take on this script. It's done and available for PHP, Haxe/OpenFL, ActionScript3, JavaScript/HTML5 Canvas, Processing and GameMaker Studio. I've used both Dave's and mtheall's as reference to build this one (because sometimes I'd get lost in the original Processing code).

It follows exactly the same rules as the original version (or at least it tries to follow), and works just like this:

I named this version InfiniShip (not a good name, first one I thought Embarrassed).

You can get the code, comments (sorry if they're not so good Tongue), some explanation and examples, here: http://github.com/yuigoto/infiniship.

Note: some of the creative output (images) generated by this script remains property of Dave, as this script follows his rules for ship generation, so use this carefully. Wink You may also use it as a base to create your own generator. Smiley

Thanks for reading this, and sorry if my english isn't that good. Gentleman

Now, back to my real work...Coffee

Meat Flavored Fluffy Omelette! :D
Ky.
Level 0

Programmer & Web Slinger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »

You are way too hard on yourself man

This is cool stuff right here

(ps: fellow PHP/JS guy)

Go Go Goto
Level 0

Aspirin Addict

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

Thanks, Kyle! Smiley

I wanted to make something and publish it, or else I'd never start creating things...so I did this Tongue

And I heard I'm a little bit too hard on me before...Embarrassed..Will try not to be like that next time I post something on TIG...Grin

Thanks again, sir! Gentleman

Meat Flavored Fluffy Omelette! :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic