Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:03:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhy do you create games
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Why do you create games  (Read 5126 times)
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 02:45:27 AM »

Originally : Because I wanted to learn how to code, I like game, wanted something challenging and didn't had any idea for a regular app.
Now : Because I love the challenges that I face at all levels (game design, code, architecture). It feels like solving a multi level puzzle

bitserum
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 03:53:57 AM »

Art has been the most defining influence in my life (music and poetry, movies, books and some games). I like to be mentally and emotional stimulated, and want to be able to offer that to others.
I also love tinkering with systems and analyze things. Games sort of bring all of that together under the same roof, and the process is so incredibly gratifying, even if I'm working on something less-than-artistic... a part of me is always satisfied.
RareSloth
Level 0

making apps and taking naps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2014, 06:11:37 PM »

I create games to bring joy to people.

Games shaped a lot of my thought and development growing up. Ironically, I wasn't even allowed to have console games in the house - all that did was fuel my obsession further.

Being able to be a part of someones life through an experience that I've helped create is a fulfilling feeling.

Having control over my business, instead of being someone's monkey and working towards someone else's dream.

The joy of creating something in itself.

The satisfaction of seeing people play the game.

Our mobile games: Yukon Warrior | Furdemption | King Rabbit
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2014, 10:50:46 PM »

I create games to bring joy to people.

You sound like a better than I am  Embarrassed

pikkukatti
Level 1

Team Lead @AncestoryGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »

I just love games and game development as well as managing projects. I also want to make a future out of making games so I need to practice it a lot by just making them.

dog199200
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »

The reason I make games is a little more sentimental than anything. I realized I was really good at programming when I was young, and I also loved video games. I messed around with simple games engines as a hobby, but nothing serious. As video games started changing, I realized that they didn't have that "fun" factor. I mean, they were fun to play the first time through and then never play again, and yet I can replay a lot of the older games over again and still not get bored. Plus, I was always loved writing stories, and would like to see some of them come to life. So it only seems natural to put my writing and programming skills to use in hopes of creating something that has a modern video game feel, but maintains replay value found in games I loved growing up.
RealityShifter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 05:52:21 AM »

Game creation combines so many skills, you could describe someone who makes entire games themselves as modern day Renaissance Men. Music, visual art, Writing ability, and Coding which I consider an art. I think the urge to improve skills naturally lead me to game design and development. I also love how games are interactive, allowing the audience to participate and hopefully empower them to want to create also.

Creativegametheory.com
@theorygeorgiou
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 05:54:30 AM »

I like games and I like creating.

Liens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 03:19:40 PM »

At first it was to give back some of the joy and amazement I got from playing games like the Zelda series as a child.

Then it devolved into, 'help I'm starving, gotta make a quick buck on the app store'.

After realizing I wasn't enjoying myself anymore, it evolved into a happy medium of the two! :D

ActiveUnique
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2014, 06:46:35 PM »

The logical reason now is software is changing in a way that suggests applications will run on logic originally devised for gaming in the future. So it's pointless for me to take a narrower utility-software approach. But in any case, I wanted to make games since I was a kid. I fell asleep from boredom everywhere else.

I've read about the idea guy. Yeah, so, you should get a lazy team.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic