Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 05:40:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA.V. - Musical Stealth-Puzzle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A.V. - Musical Stealth-Puzzle  (Read 572 times)
AVTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »

Hey all.  We're currently in the middle of the Kickstarter (real original, right?) for our ongoing project, A.V.  The basic idea of the game is that you can only interpret the world through the use of sound.  Essentially, we represent sound sources as light sources, and this is the prime mechanic you use to navigate through the world.  This is all tied in with a stealth mechanic (which, I should point out, is still being refined), and the result is a trade-off between producing enough sound to see, but not so much as to attract unwanted attention.

We wanted to approach A.V. as an overall sensory experience and really dive into that fusion of audio and visual elements.  To that end, we're doing a few main things: We present the world as a series of outlines, rather than as solid surfaces, to better sell the idea of a sort of "echolocation".  This all ties in nicely to a "neon light" visual aesthetic that connects up with an electronic music scheme.  In keeping with the musical theme, we're tying all of the game world elements into the overall rhythm and focusing on making sound effects that follow the concept of musical instruments.  Essentially, we want the player to be an active part in a piece of music and each action to be an integral part element of the song.

We've got a free demo of our Alpha up on avthegame.com.  We've also got a campaign going on Steam Greenlight (tiny.cc/av_steam).  Please remember that this is still a work in progress!

Our most immediate concern, though, is the Kickstarter (tiny.cc/av_kickstarter).  I know most peopel here are in a similar boat, but even spreading the word is a huge benefit.  So please go and check us out!
drmikey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »

i mighta missed it, but i feel like the kickstarter video never actually showed the game mechanic with the sound i was hearing being used to show the world. seemed more like random splices of game play with a soundtrack laid on top. i think it would be good to actually get a sense of how the game plays with its core mechanic in there rather than just hearing about it. unless i'm missing something!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic