Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:00:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioDon't know if I should be pissed off or flattered
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Don't know if I should be pissed off or flattered  (Read 1157 times)
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »

I just received this email from a guy I dont know:

--------------------E-mail Start---------------------------
Soundcloud reputation
Manage your reputation/image!
As an artist you will probably know it's very hard to get your music out there and to be heard by a lot of people around the world

The most popular artists among us always have a huge amount followers, plays, comments, reposts and loves on Soundcloud. Those statistics will generate the psychological trigger to check their music out because people will think "He must be some big Guitarist/Rapper/Pop artists/DJ or Producer".

I am able to give you the opportunity to be the owner of such an attractive profile!
At this moment we have over the 200+ satisfied and returning customers. We developed a new website to make things easier and more accessible for you!

Go to Scial Fanatic and make sure to use your 15Discount15 coupon code!

15% Welcome discount coupon code: 15Discount15
valid untill 31/07/2014

Customized Comments

All comments are written manually, so they fit your track perfectly.
It’s also possible to provide us with a list of comments in a text or wordpad document.
To ensure everything looks super realistic we use variable time delays.
Check it out!

Realistic Reposts

All Reposts are managed with super realistic user profiles. All the profiles have followers variable between 15 and 100+, usernames without numbers, display picture or customized logo, filled in information and some got uploaded music!
Check it out!

Superstar packages

Our superstar packages include super realistic Soundcloud followers, reposts, customized comments, likes and plays. There are 4 variations available to fit your needs; basic, standard, advance and premium.
Check it out!

--------------------E-mail Ends---------------------------

I knew there were such thing as bots that allow you to have super statistics in soundcloud etc. but that someone sends me this so clearly and open actually makes me angry. They are saying everything like its totally normal to do this things and legit and everybody should do it because its the only way...

Edit: (The flattering feeling is because of receiving such an email :p. For this to happen I suppose it means I received enough real comments and plays to deserve it ...maybe...)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:13:14 AM by Estudio Evergreen » Logged

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »

Call me naive (birth name), but I had no idea that actually happened. :/
I'm appalled, but at the same time, not surprised.

...The things people will do for a public facade.

As a musician, I'll take 15 dedicated listeners over 10,000 mindless clones any-day.

Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:46:39 PM »

Call me naive (birth name), but I had no idea that actually happened. :/
I'm appalled, but at the same time, not surprised.

...The things people will do for a public facade.

As a musician, I'll take 15 dedicated listeners over 10,000 mindless clones any-day.

Totally agree about the 15 people. Why would I want to cheat in this? It would be only lying to myself...

amushel
Level 0

Nice jump, human.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »

Yeah, I've really never gotten that mentality. It's like the bizarre economy of twitter followers. You follow someone with the expectation that they will follow you back and then un-follow if they don't, but is that really doing you much good? If you have 50k followers and the majority of them followed you out that bizarre social obligation, how many of them are actually interested enough in what you're doing to pick your work out of their feed? If you have that many followers and none of them really know who you are, the only person who that numbers is impressing is yourself. It's the same with Soundcloud plays/reposts. Is anyone legitimately attracted to your page by that shit and if so, what are the chances that many of them will stick around long term?

Game Audio Designer and Composer.
andrewmushel.com | Soundcloud | Twitter
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16:58 PM »

Whenever I post a track it seems to get liked or reposted by some guy with a 'Buy Soundcloud Followers' logo. It makes me sad because I don't know if they actually... like... it or not. Obviously I didn't prompt this, it's probably some dumb sort of promotion.

Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:40:14 AM »

Glyph in those causes i have reported these accounts and after a few weeks they are deleted. You could try the same if you want

medieval
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 01:27:20 AM »

I don't even understand how this type of 'popularity' would do any good. It might boost sales (if you're even trying to sell) temporarily, but only the few devoted fans would actually buy the thing you'll make AFTER that
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »

Glyph in those causes i have reported these accounts and after a few weeks they are deleted. You could try the same if you want
Yeah, looks like the one in question was deleted actually.

Also, I always see users with tens of thousands of followers but no tracks posted. They are famous names like Bob Marley and the like, but what's the point? Actually, the whole follow system is stupid, so I might as well not even bother.

yugenstudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 01:19:44 AM »

Just report it to the soundcloud crew (and yes, btw, you should be pissed)
Something like that happened to me before (they even started to follow me and repost without asking)
and I reported it to the staff. They thanked me saying they're trying to fight this kind of people.

Yugenstudio - Sounds for the Media
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic