Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:49:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAlien Box — pretty pixel-art time-killer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Alien Box — pretty pixel-art time-killer  (Read 952 times)
massimo_indie
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:26:10 AM »

Hi there!
I and my friend published our first game few days ago. We decided to make a game for Android by Unity Engine. It is so simple game called Alien Box in genre time-killer. Recently we included global leaderboard and achievements there. But all the same you can play it offline with local records.

You can dowload it from Google Play. Please leave your reviews about it and possibly rate game on Google Play. Thank you!

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 04:44:39 AM »

Hi, your game is fun. I'm currently working on a similar gameplay of tapping on falling stuffs.

You should maybe have a bigger hitbox to compensate the falling movement because even on my 4.7 inch phone, it's sometime hard to hit.
I think it would give better feeling of control to the player.
In my own game the hit box is between 1.4 and 1.8 times the size of the falling object.

It will really depends on the gameplay you try to acheive.

massimo_indie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:00:04 AM »

Hi, bombjack!

Thank you for reply! You are the third person who tell me about hit area of the box, and I think I'll fix it shortly. When I developed, I could not imagine that this could be a problem. Now it's 1:1 (box : hit area), I'll do it 1:1.5 maybe. Thanks for advice!

It would be interesting to look at your game:)

massimo_indie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 10:57:58 PM »

I increase hit area of the falling boxes, and may be now it would be more comfortable and interesting to play. Download last version and try, please. Try to beat any record in global leaderboard. Wink

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:35:17 AM »

Just tested the updated version Hand Any Key and it's way much better!  Hand Clap
I rated it 5 stars  Grin

I played the game for about 13 minutes in a single game without any real diffulties.  Tongue
Does it get much harder later on ? Or is intended not to be too much hard ?

massimo_indie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:02 AM »

13 minutes
Wow, well done! Most of players in global leaderboard have lesser than 2000 points - it about 2 minutes))

I will monitor for a players results some time. I don't know is game enough hard now... But already I get some interesting ideas from feedbacks and think about its implementation.

vegu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 02:23:13 AM »

Hey, fun little game!

I think when i decline to sign into google play the first time, it shouldnt ask me a second time the next time the game is over.

cheers,
vegu

JayCrafton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 03:35:24 PM »

I really like your game! It's super addicting and the hitbox is working perfectly. I'd like to know if I could make some music for your app as it could really benefit from having a catchy tune. The sound effects are great, but it needs music. You can listen to my portfolio at www.soundcloud.com/JayCrafton. If you're interested, please send me an email Smiley

My Music Portfolio: www.soundcloud.com/jaycrafton
massimo_indie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 11:22:28 PM »

Good day!
Version 1.2 is ready. You can get it from page of game on GooglePlay.

Innovations:
- added different types of falling boxes: couple-box, triple-box, quaternary and other.
Fixes:
- hit-area adjusted to the most comfortable state

Game became more interesting and more hardcore. There was some sort of levels. I hope Alien Box can bring more fun Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic