Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:26:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDragondot 2 - sidescrolling circular dragony action!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dragondot 2 - sidescrolling circular dragony action!  (Read 651 times)
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: July 23, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »

The original Dragondot got a pretty favorable reception here, several years ago, and so I thought people might be interested to know that (after several goofy spinoff games) I have finally made a worthy successor to the original, in Unity. This is my first game using that engine, and the first time I'm actually selling a game to the public (rather than licensing to a sponsor or releasing for free). You can play the demo and get the game here, or check out an early prerelease trailer

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:43:42 PM by NMcCoy » Logged

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
drmikey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »

i just watched the trailer! to everyone else, i recomend the trailer, makes the screenshots make a lot more sense.

the game looks neat. i feel like the camera might be pulled out sorta far, and wonder if you are planning on adding more complexity to the gameplay? it seems clear the art is supposed to stay simple, so i get that!
NMcCoy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »

There is more complexity in the gameplay than is conveyed in the trailer, though by design the game is pretty tight in mechanical scope. Thanks for the feedback! Also: a demo is now playable on the game's site!

Dragondot 2 is out now! Go get it!
apebeast
Level 0

Indie game designer making high quality games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:43:32 PM »

Like the simplicity! Although the art needs some polish(programmer art maybe)? Also, I am very curious on how you built the AI for different monsters... must have been difficulty!

Here's a link to my game, feel free to check it out as well  Well, hello there!:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=41638.msg1035663#msg1035663

The original Dragondot got a pretty favorable reception here, several years ago, and so I thought people might be interested to know that (after several goofy spinoff games) I have finally made a worthy successor to the original, in Unity. This is my first game using that engine, and the first time I'm actually selling a game to the public (rather than licensing to a sponsor or releasing for free). You can play the demo and get the game here, or check out an early prerelease trailer

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic