Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:35:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioTitle song, criticisms please?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Title song, criticisms please?  (Read 971 times)
Prospekt
Level 0

hey

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:21:05 PM »

EDITED:
https://soundcloud.com/watchingprospekt/dead-star
Dead Star Theme mockup
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:43:32 AM by Prospekt » Logged
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »

Hey I think its very nice, but you should try to change the melody a little bit. Right now is too similar to: one mans dream from yanni.

Try changing it a little bit and post it again Smiley

Prospekt
Level 0

hey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »

Hey I think its very nice, but you should try to change the melody a little bit. Right now is too similar to: one mans dream from yanni.

Try changing it a little bit and post it again Smiley

Thanks Estudio, I had posted the wrong theme from my other account!
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:01:17 AM »

Why did you decide to keep out the ambient pad in the second half of the theme?

Prospekt
Level 0

hey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 09:42:25 AM »

Typically I feel pads come in towards the end of a song to give it a more grandiose epic feel towards the end. But I made this song a while ago and I think the idea was to have something relatively simple to play in the background over menus and stuff, nothing assaulting the ears too much, but I believe that i kept them out to highlight the C64 synth a little more. But I can always go back to it, I realize now its a little repetitive and simple, probably too long also.
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 11:18:20 PM »

Typically I feel pads come in towards the end of a song to give it a more grandiose epic feel towards the end. But I made this song a while ago and I think the idea was to have something relatively simple to play in the background over menus and stuff, nothing assaulting the ears too much, but I believe that i kept them out to highlight the C64 synth a little more. But I can always go back to it, I realize now its a little repetitive and simple, probably too long also.

I dont think being repetitive and simple would matter in this case. If this is the ambient and intention you had in mind I think it works ok for a game of this kind. Anyways you could try to put some little decoration here and there, but I'm not sure. Is difficult to judge for me.

Maybe someone else gives his 2 cents?

steusicmusic
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »

I think that for what the song is trying to do - which I assume is to provide the menu with something more laid back and ambient, it's great. It's actually pretty relaxing.
Overall, I really like it!
Jordanoakley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »

I like it! Really atmospheric but nice and simple. The only thing I'd suggest is adding in a few bits of white noise sweeping across or altering the EQ at some stages. Something to make the piece a little more varied and add more contour and direction. However, if the piece is meant to be simple (arrangement-wise) and you're happy with how it already sounds, then don't change a thing Smiley.

Website   //  facebook  //  Soundcloud
Jon Sysyn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »

I like it. You really get nice nuanced sounds with the delay and color of the synth. And I agree, its a bit stagnant so some atmospheric noise sweeps here and there could loosen up the sound I think. But at the same time, I think its great for the title screen because your building up a sense of waiting before the action occurs. Either way, nice work.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic