Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:12:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTeam Indie - Indie Characters joining forces [Steam / PC, Mac] [in development]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Team Indie - Indie Characters joining forces [Steam / PC, Mac] [in development]  (Read 928 times)
TCTomm
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:49 PM »

Hey,

Just wanted to introduce you to our current game in development Team Indie.

Team Indie unites indie video game characters into one play experience.
Play coop with your previous runs and bend time to master puzzles and action sequences!

Video game heroes like Commander Video from Runner and Clunk of Awesomenauts fame join forces, this Fall!
With their combined skills they cooperatively help Marvin the cat to jump ‘n run through the video game world.
Team Indie will be released this Fall on Steam and other digital platforms for PC and Mac.

You can find a gameplay video and more screenshots at http://bsgam.es/ti

Would love to get some feedback on the game here. Team Indie is currently still in development.

Thomas

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 05:08:47 AM by TCTomm » Logged
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »

Oh man, I think this project might be coming from a good place, but the feeling it gives me is just plain weird. Keep in mind that I don't mean to be mean as I say this. I'm just trying to be as honest as I can. Again, don't take this the wrong way.

On paper, your idea sounds cool, but there's something that just doesn't work for me. I don't know if it's the new character's style, the music or the game-flow, but overall, the gameplay  video just seems "off" and I don't really know why. Maybe it's the overall style that makes it seem so "E FOR EVERYONE!", so inclusive, that bothers me a bit. I feel like it's aiming to please a little bit too much and it takes away from what made the characters you use so awesome in the first place.

Then again, the end product might be a great game and everything, but I'm getting a bad vibe at the moment. To be honest, it feels like a big company took a bunch of characters, didn't really "get" what they were all about and put them together to make something that feels a bit generic and lackluster.

I know you put a lot of work into this, but I'm getting a feeling the ThE iNtErNeTZ might burn this project to the ground as they see it. Give the cat some personality, too.

Just my two cents.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
TCTomm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:19:06 AM »

Thanks for your feedback!

You are right in a way that it is/was hard to combine the unique styles of each of the characters and games into one new style. I am still happy with the solution we found.

But what mattered most for us is to not try and imitate the original games, but bring them together into something new. For us what mattered most was to make the gameplay work.

Actually the project and whole gameplay concept started with generic characters not from other games. Then after some prototyping we though we would like to bring other indie characters in and see if something like that is even possible. The reactions from most of the indies we initially asked were suprisingly open from the start.

So we just went for it :-)

While not everything is perfect and we were also more limited on budget than we would have liked, we are pretty proud of what we have and think its a pretty nice game. If I can assure you one thing then it's that we are not a heartless corporation, but a small team of developers who put all their energy into making this a great experience.

But of course soon we will have to see how the internet reacts and I am sure there will be a split, with some dismissing it right away and others really enjoying it for we try to achieve and for the experiement it is.

Looking forward to more opinions!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:48:39 AM by TCTomm » Logged
Ant
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:10 AM »

do the original creators of those characters know about this game?
TCTomm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 04:44:26 AM »

Yes they do, we of course asked all of them!
TCTomm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 05:14:31 AM »

We have a new Trailer now and the game will be released on Steam October 9th!

Watch it here, also subscribe for a chance to win the game!
http://teamindie.brightside-games.com

Some discussions are already starting at the steamcommunity about it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302850/discussions/

As a special treat here are 5 codes so you can give it a try if you like platformers. Please let us know if you liked the game if you take a key. The keys work NOW even before the release!

The last characters are missing in the keys to avoid bots/crawlers to get it. The characters are M,T,8,A,G

HH40I-X24EN-768C
8FZHZ-AFJJD-8H22
MPE2H-5WIL4-YVZW
359QP-X7P57-5J06
EYKBX-JBVW0-HGA0

Have Fun playing!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic