Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:22:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessAdvertising on gaming related forums/sites
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Advertising on gaming related forums/sites  (Read 979 times)
Piira
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:25:13 AM »

So, what are the relevant game forums/sites where I should advertise my game? Like all over the world. For example, I would like to get visibility for my game in Asia.

I've already found these:

- Mac rumors
- Indie database
- Toucharcade
- Android forums
- Making money with Android
- Escapist forums
- Java-gaming.org
- Polygon forums
- WP Central
- Unity forums
- NeoGAF
- 4chan /vg/
- Reddit
- IndieGameStand
- Indiegamer
- Indie stone
- Indie gamers
- Newgrounds
- Game Jolt

I really should advertise my games as broad as possible so I hope that somebody could help me.

E: I'll update this post as I find new sites.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:01:00 PM by Taitoa » Logged
Sushi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 03:31:35 PM »

Well, I've done a bit of research on this.
For adverstising in Asia you really have to use the local language, forget about english.
And if you want to target China, depending on your target platforms, be aware that many stuff is blocked there (like Google Android Market).

If you don't have any foreign friend that can help, it can be very difficult  Who, Me?

It is better to just focus on western market in the beginning, later if the game is a sucess you can think about a broader market.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »

Actually, if you're a foreigner that wants to do business in China, you have to get a local partner. It's a legal requirement.
Piira
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »

Well, at least I found some asian Facebook groups where I can advertise Cool If people actually like my games, this thing can really work Who, Me?

E: Oh, and btw...

For adverstising in Asia you really have to use the local language, forget about english.

Does anyone know how to translate my games to different languages? There's got to be some easy way, right?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:29:05 PM by Taitoa » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »

no, there is no easy way, and no, there doesn't have to be an easy way

if you want to translate your games into other languages, there are two options -- hire someone to do it (can cost thousands of dollars) or get a fan who is a native speaker to do it for free (which happens, but you have to have a lot of fans who love your work). the latter will also be more amateur than the former

whatever you do, do not use google translate or some other automated translation site

HDSanctum
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 06:29:32 AM »

Well you will notice these days many games seperate dialog/text from the code/logic, eg in XML files. It's certainly a lot easier to translate that than to dig through code or binaries.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic