Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:02:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Ruzzle word search Algorithm?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ruzzle word search Algorithm?  (Read 1627 times)
Inzaniak
Level 0

Il Pazzo Pazzini!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 27, 2014, 01:27:51 AM »

I'm working on a simple Ruzzle clone in C++. I've done the first part of the game, but i can't figure out how to make the "word search algorithm" in c++. Can somebody help me figure out a way to do this in C++? Thanks in advance.

jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 02:00:11 AM »

Did you try searching the internet at all? There's lots of stuff out there. Here's one, for instance: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/746082/how-to-find-list-of-possible-words-from-a-letter-matrix-boggle-solver
Inzaniak
Level 0

Il Pazzo Pazzini!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 02:05:54 AM »

I've searched on the web and found a lot of useful information. But i was looking for something simpler than that. I'm not very good at using trees or list.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 03:40:27 AM »

Learn to use them then; algorithm and data structure experience is fundamental as a programmer. If you don't understand fundamental structures like trees and lists then you should brush up on that, not look for a magic solution.

Taking a "simpler" approach often leads you to inefficient, slow, and potentially hard to debug solutions; often because this happens in tandem with a lack of experience. Jump in the deep end, try to wrap your head around it and when you get stuck, ask on forums and irc for a hand (or take a few classes and learn it formally).

Inzaniak
Level 0

Il Pazzo Pazzini!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »

Learn to use them then; algorithm and data structure experience is fundamental as a programmer. If you don't understand fundamental structures like trees and lists then you should brush up on that, not look for a magic solution.

Taking a "simpler" approach often leads you to inefficient, slow, and potentially hard to debug solutions; often because this happens in tandem with a lack of experience. Jump in the deep end, try to wrap your head around it and when you get stuck, ask on forums and irc for a hand (or take a few classes and learn it formally).
Thank you for the answer. I'll try to do my best and learn trees and lists  Smiley

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »

Good man, as I said ask for help if you get stuck, but with this kind of complicated problem there's not going to be a 5-line solution, you're going to have to get your hands dirty.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic