Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:56:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMicromanagement Defense
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Micromanagement Defense  (Read 601 times)
Ixlegraw
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:05 AM »

A game where you must BUILD the levels of a tower and barricades and USE them to defeat them cliché enemies.

So anyway, this is my Game Maker Community Jam #15 Entry. I can easily beat the game, but I think the game's pretty imbalanced if others play it. If you think it's too hard, then tell me so I can adjust (But only if you have tried every strategy you can think of!)

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jgbkzb9r00gnr7i/Micromanagement_Defense.exe
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:57:43 AM by Pixelade » Logged
Ixlegraw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »

UPDATE:
The 15th GMC Jam ends in a few hours! I made some last minute changes before I go to bed, because when I wake up, the jam'll be over.

Changes:
- Added a loading graphic.
- Optimized explosions to remove lag in the late-game.
- Some (SOME. And by some, I mean a few. And by a few, I mean like, three to five) graphics were redrawn, I'm mostly proud of the skull XD.
- Adjusted barricade price, and changed the Giant Zombie into a Giant Plant-like Thing.
- The flying enemies now go towards the nearest tower level, because I removed the whole 'protect your treasure chest' concept.
- I was able to (unintentionally) make barricades more important because in the first version, I could beat the game without using the barricades at all.
DocLogic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »

Hey nice work! Really clean game, love the style, and those explosions are awesome.

I really suck at it, tried about 10 to 15 times, didnt get very far. Problem was that every time I tried to build a wall, it was really hard to regain control of the main towers gun. When I was able to click back on the main tower in time, I then didnt have enough time to aim it in the direction I wanted to.

Keep in mind that my reflexes aren't what they used to be, I just woke up, and I've never really played tower defense games.

Good luck with the jam!

Ixlegraw
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »

Thanks! I really admit that the game is awfully hard because micromanagement is a hard task, but my strategy works everytime xD But, if nobody replies to this topic saying that they beat the game, then I'll make it easier.
DocLogic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »

Perhaps I needed to use lightning more in the early parts. But I feel just slowing down the pace of incoming enemies at the beginning will make a big difference; will let me find my groove.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic