Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 04:29:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Tale of Two Santas
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Tale of Two Santas  (Read 2303 times)
Zaphos
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »

This is my first game with processing -- a word puzzle game.

http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/~jima/santagame/

There is a 'win condition,' but it's more of a toy than a game.  I tried to reward every possible solution -- let me know what presents you find!

I think there's a crash bug in there somewhere, so if it stops working PLEASE let me know what the text in the speech bubbles was at the time of the crash!
AndyWiltshireBPA
Level 1

BulletProofArcade.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »

Heya,

Are you supposed to be able to write a full word? I can only press a single letter before he offers up a response. Or does it only let you type in certain words? Just wondering if im doing something wrong...

Zaphos
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »

The different characters have different rules for how they respond to you -- the character on the center and left generally interrupt you.  You're not doing anything wrong!

(also: I think I may have just fixed the crash bug -- still, let me know if/when it freezes up!)
Zaphos
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

Heya,

Are you supposed to be able to write a full word? I can only press a single letter before he offers up a response. Or does it only let you type in certain words? Just wondering if im doing something wrong...
Wait, unless you mean you didn't use the arrow keys to walk around and try talking to all the different characters.  I guess the visual element of the keyboard is too strong, so some people never try the arrow keys when it's there ...

(sorry for the delayed second response -- I randomly was thinking about this today Embarrassed)
AndyWiltshireBPA
Level 1

BulletProofArcade.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »

Heh. Yeah, wasnt till the second time I played it that I realised I could walk to the other santas  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic