Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:54:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRova's Adventure - Download now now now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Rova's Adventure - Download now now now  (Read 11121 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »

i got a 404

jiitype
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2014, 05:58:16 AM »

oops I was moving some files and accidentally removed it, here ya go

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68701242/RA_testi/RA.html
jiitype
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

I made a short video for you to enjoy. The quality is terrible, my PC is an old piece of shit :c

jiitype
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »

I made a little

the quality sucks a bit though
DocLogic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »

Looking great! Awesome trailer. Love the gameplay variation.

jiitype
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »

^thanks doc Smiley

A new level select thing, world 1. Every world has 5-6 levels

Title screen test

jiitype
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 07:50:46 AM »

I like menus where you use the character instead of just clicking on text boxes

jiitype
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »

been making some muzak. Here's something I might use

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68701242/tst/ra_l1.wav

Most of the levels are pretty much done... I guess... Some people have told me that the levels look a bit empty, we'll see if I can do something about that.

The game has an indiedb page if you wanna take a look http://www.indiedb.com/games/rovas-adventure
jiitype
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:29 AM »

Yo here's a demo playtest thing it has 3 pretty kewl levels please tell me why they suck
You need unity web player!^

The crystal you're supposed to collect at the end of the level doesn't work in the first level, idk what's up with that. I hope the looping music doesn't make you insane.
jiitype
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »

working on hub 3

jiitype
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2014, 04:51:14 AM »

One of the bonus levels of Rova.

The bonus levels are hidden in the regular levels, you can access them through these question mark things. They are not in every level though.

Most of the bonus levels are regular platforming, but there's couple special ones, like that gif and the shmup level.

In the regular levels you collect crystals, but in the bonus levels you collect diamonds

I've been working on the music, finally got rid of the awkward pause when the music starts again.

But damn... I have so much more respect for musicians now. I've done music for fun before but this is totally different. It really takes a lot of time to make a simple 30-45 sec loop. I use same music in a few levels but there's still so much left to do... sigh Waaagh!
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

Hey, I played your demo some! I've got some feedback for ya':

• I think you need to move the camera up and tilt it down a little. Right now, I feel like trying to get proper depth perception is a real pain in the rear. I feel like some of the other issues I was having like navigating those small platforms on level 3 (where this issue is particularly painful) would be much better if this were fixed.
  • If you touch the pink bouncy blocks on the edges of the top, they don't always bounce you.
  • You should make those disappearing boards reappear. On level 2 in particular, the verticality of the level screams for same-life replays because of falling mistakes but its not always possible right now.
  • On that same note, I liked the vertical design of level 1 and level 2.
  • The cartoony graphics are getting the job done well. I particularly liked level 1 with its banners and stained glass windows. Given the simplistic feel of the game, you might be able to get away with not making the levels as busy graphically, but I wouldn't take my word for it.
  • For some reason on level 2, jumping was often unresponsive on both those circles and flat platforms. As a minor sidenote, enter didn't work for me on the select level screen.
  • You do a rather good job of utilizing different obstacles and hazards and putting them together, but... its still quite repetitive. I mean, even something like switches and door/key combos would enrich the gameplay quite a bit.
  • EDIT: Oh yeah, and checkpoints. Add them. Please?

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:11:54 AM by Photon » Logged
jiitype
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated.

Camera is the first thing I'm gonna fix, I haven't been 100% sure if I should touch it.
I really should have made those boards reappear, didn't even think about it.

About the unresponsive jumping, I did some testing and it might have something to do with this - when left and up arrow keys are pressed at the same time the character won't always jump... and it doesn't happen at all when using WASD or a controller. Huh.

I don't know if I could do that much to fix the repetitiveness. We'll see...

Checkpoints? Maybe.
Photon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »

I don't know if I could do that much to fix the repetitiveness. We'll see...
I would at least give it some thought. A few small touches may give it just the boost it needs.

Checkpoints? Maybe.
The levels are really long, and with one-hit kills, it makes mistakes really costly. The game doesn't strike me as one that is trying to be uber-hardcore, otherwise things would be different. As it stands right now, even just a halfway checkpoint would be nice.
jiitype
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2014, 06:51:11 AM »

Yay just finished making all the music. Some little stuff and level polishing left to do and I guess the game is done? Pretty exciting!
jiitype
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »

Yay you can download Rova's Adventure for your windows PC magic box right now Beer!

Click here to download Rova's Adventure

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2014, 02:38:33 AM »

could i... have a mac build...this looks cool

jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »

Yay you can download Rova's Adventure for your windows PC magic box right now

I get an error: SignatureDoesNotMatch: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your Google secret key and signing method.

StringToSign: GET 1418333272 /itchio/upload/15582/Rova%27s+Adventure+1.0.rar

Sad
jiitype
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2014, 04:15:10 AM »

could i... have a mac build...this looks cool

Oh I didn't realize I could make a mac build in unity, here ya go (i didn't test it but it should work) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68701242/Rova%27s%20Adventure%201.0%20MAC.zip

I get an error

Hmm try downloading it now, I'm not getting any errors 3:
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2014, 08:43:59 AM »

I get an error

Hmm try downloading it now, I'm not getting any errors 3:

Huh. Works in Chrome and IE, but in Firefox it brings up the "download will start momentarily" window and then...nothing happens, except there's a small frame on the bottom of the page with the XML file giving the error.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic