Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:48:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallUntold Universe, a space voxel MMORPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Untold Universe, a space voxel MMORPG  (Read 1043 times)
WoldenDans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:32:32 AM »

Hi everybody,

I would like to introduce you to the game I'm developing with my team at Fenris Lair Studio: Untold Universe.

Short pitch:
Untold Universe is a space voxel-based MMORPG about thousands of players from all over the world exploring, colonising and shaping together a huge and uncharted universe.

We started to work on this project in February 2013, with the intent to build an innovative iteration over the widely popular Minecraft concepts by making it a single shard MMO (like EVE Online), and bringing it to the vastness of space. The goal is also to give players the possibility to build spaceships and infrastructures that they will be able to use to fight, produce goods, trade and get rich and powerful. We also are adding a complete gameplay layer for Fighting, on ground and in space.

The game is in Alpha right now, and have been for 8 months, and we went through an unsuccessful Kickstarter. Thus, we changed our way to do things, and are now proposing to players multiple ways to test the game!

Players can back us on this page to get an instant access to the game, or download the offline Demo to simply test the game!

Here is our latest trailer:

Also, you can check out our website: http://www.untold-universe.com.

I would be happy to have your opinions and thoughts about the project!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:33:37 AM by WoldenDans » Logged
PicklesIIDX
Level 0

Follow your heart!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

I just checked out your trailer. First of all, great work getting to this point. Your game looks rather massive, and pretty solid.

I was confused watching the trailer though. The production of the video, especially with the music, paints a very intense and epic odyssey. But, this is in huge contrast to the game's art style. With the blocky characters and bright lighting, it's hard for me to take the trailer seriously, especially because it doesn't let up with any humor at all. So because of the art style, I'm not sold on what the trailer is trying to sell me. I don't think the game looks bad, it's just not in line with what you're showing. I think just a little bit of humor in the trailer will allow me to believe that this game can be intense (in scale), but it's still minecraft silliness.

Also, I'd love to see a bit more focus on the space flight. Which is to say, don't show me any more of that. That tiny little bit of taking off in the ship was the most exciting part of the trailer. This is what separates your game from minecraft in my eyes. I love it. I think showing that a little bit earlier (in case the viewer doesn't watch for more than 15 seconds) would help, but definately don't show me more of that. Leave me wanting more, so I come back and check in on this.

But, that's just my opinion. Hope the feedback helps. Good luck with the kickstarter. I think minecraft is space is a viable game. :D

WoldenDans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:42:24 AM »

Wow, thanks for this extensive feedback!

What you say is really interesting. We chose to make the trailer this way precisely to show our difference with Minecraft as this is, as you could guess, a recurring topic. So we focused a bit more on massive fights, but I get what you means.

Taking good note though :D
WoldenDans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:37:33 AM »

Hello people,

I am taking the liberty to post an update here on our project.

After an unsuccessful Kickstarter, we are now proposing to players different ways to play and test the game.

Amongst them, you can now download an offline Demo version featuring a complete tutorial and a free play option. I would be more than happy to have your feedback, opinion and thoughts on the game!

You will find the Demo builds here: Download the Untold Universe Demo version.

Hope you will like these early builds!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic