Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:07:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSuper Galaxy Squadron, shooting aliens to benefit Child's Play Charity
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Galaxy Squadron, shooting aliens to benefit Child's Play Charity  (Read 480 times)
Phlakes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »

Taking inspiration from shmup staples like Raiden and Dodonpachi, as well as classic anime like Gundam, Super Galaxy Squadron is a retro-styled shoot-'em-up that believes tradition shouldn't get in the way of fun. With a forgiving health system and elements taken from shmups throughout the years, plus a one-hit-kill hardcore mode for veterans, the game is accessible to players of all skill levels while still offering a challenge.

Since saving the children of the year 2371 is an embarrassingly trivial feat for the SGS, after the game's release, all proceeds will be donated to Child's Play to help the kids of regular, boring Earth at the same time.

The initial goal of the Kickstarter has already been met, but at the $2000 stretch goal, video game rock band Random Encounter will compose the game's soundtrack.

Features include-

• Fourteen playable ships with unique weapons and attributes
  • A forgiving health system for more casual players and a one-hit-kill hardcore mode for shmup experts
  • Infinitely rechargeable special weapons that clear smaller enemies and devastate bosses
  • Eight arcade-style levels with unique bosses and an endless mode with escalating difficulty

A demo of the endless mode is available for Windows (7.1 MB)-

IndieDB | Google Drive | Mediafire

If you want to follow my inevitable existential crisis as the campaign runs its course, I'm on Twitter.

And if you have any feedback after playing the demo, feel free to contact me there, or on IndieDB or Facebook
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:48:37 PM by Phlakes » Logged
qwqwqw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »

Art is awesome. Design enemies and ships very good. But the gameplay itself requires consideration. Random - the evil in these games. Better make crafted level design, manually arrange all enemies. The flight path of enemies is very simple, it is necessary to complicate. Sorry for the English, I know him badly Sad

Good luck with the project.

Sorry for my english. I use the Google translator.

Russian blog about true indie games - http://trueindiegames.blogspot.ru

My twitter - https://twitter.com/trueindiegames
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic