Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:12:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBasement - drug-dealing strategy game [Kickstarter][Steam Greenlight]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Basement - drug-dealing strategy game [Kickstarter][Steam Greenlight]  (Read 7509 times)
xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »

Demo: http://basement.halfbus.co
Halfbus: http://halfbus.co

Kickstarter:
Steam Greenlight:
Basement is a drug dealing tycoon game.
You take control of an enterprise, that main profile is drugs production.
You're hunted by police and mafia, keep your enterprise growing, to achieve great goals.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:56:03 AM by xdegtyarev » Logged

xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »

We've been working very hard this week, and have something to show you.
First of all we've ended redesigning our blog and project pages, check them out:http://hit-the-mole.com" and http://basement.halfbus.co/"
UI actually is under construction, but we already have something to play with. Actually there were some bugs to deal with, but everything went well enough.

Personnel management got lots of improvements in pathfinding, character manipulation and visual style. And they all got animated

Junkies too

Also some fresh looking rooms are ready

All in all everything goes forward on a high speed, next to wait for: combat system, achievements, new ui screens, cops and buildings
For more frequent updates check our  twitter http://twitter.com/halfbus_studio

xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »

We're happy to announce, that we're holding a local ludumdare event in Minsk, Belarus. And we prepared an artwork for upcoming event.

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »

Hi,

I played the demo sometimes ago, and
despite the obtectible content, the game is really fun and time consuming Grin

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »

We're happy to announce, that we're holding a local ludumdare event in Minsk, Belarus. And we prepared an artwork for upcoming event.

Aaaah. That looks like so much fun. I don't think anyone's organising anything like that around here. Would be fun enough just to gather up with a small team and work on an LD game with them throughout the weekend. I believe we'll have to restrict ourselves to Skype this time around, tho. But that's still reasonably cozy. Great initiative, anyhow. Make sure you post pictures of the coziness afterwards and/or meanwhile!

ALSO. The game. It looks neat. Really pretty spritework. Not sure I'd personally enjoy the gameplay tho, but that's just me being a bore!

EDIT: Just found out there is one in Stockholm, actually: http://www.isotop.se/ld30/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:38:30 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »

@bombjack and @prinsessa
Demo is pretty outdated, and we're working very hard on much more advance version, you'll be able to check it soon.

xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »

Hello everyone here is one more weekly update from halfbus on basement development.

This week we’ve announced offline ludum dare event, we’re hosting in Minsk. We will also participate in that jam, if there won’t be any troubles with internet connection, you’d be able to watch stream on twitch. Vadim made an awesome artwork for event, you can check it a few posts above.

Also we’ve done lots of fixes and general gameplay improvements on game. Some of them are touchfilter for UI/Game touch/click filtering and prioritizing, that caused lots of bugs. Improved employees behaviour and animations. Here are some fresh animations of cops and security.

Combat system is still in progress we’ll try to show it in the next update.

We also added a concept of tiny teasers between screen. In the header of the post you can see quests screen teaser. And here is an actual quests screen.

Also we added some basement building, which gives you some funny perks and changes that can heavily affect gameplay itself. There would be much more of them.

And finally, we made an actual 3m flag, that we’ll take with us on upcoming offline events, and use as a blanket during cold winter nights.

Next to wait: combat system(finally), leaderboard screen, some gameplay footage and maybe much more.

tieTYT
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 03:16:48 PM »

The cute sprites + adult theme is messing with my head.  This is my kind of genre (sans the drug aspect).  Looking forward to try it out.

Vaxx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:13:37 AM »

Thank you for expanding the game, it was a great play back at ludum dare! Keep up the great work!
xdegtyarev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »

thx guys for your feedback, hope you'll enjoy actual gameplay

dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 03:47:04 AM »

This week we were all involved in marketing activities. It’s a little confusing activity for us, being “developers to the core”. Thanks to indie devs that share their experience on reddit, pixelprospectors and here tigsource forums, we have found lots of quality materials for developing our own company. As result you can check Press Kit http://halfbus.co/presskit that we’ve made a few days ago.

We also prepare first version of game logo. It’s not final version of couse, it would be changed in development process, but we’ll be really appreciated for any kind of feedback Wink

Vadim work hard on doing room animations. Here you can see “product cooking" compilation.

Bonus: I have accepted #icebucketchallenge Wink

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:15:38 AM by dmitry_minsky » Logged

Game in development: Basement
Savick
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 06:00:09 AM »

I would personally never play this due to the content involved and how I feel about it, but I'm sure there's an audience for it. Not saying anything bad about your game, and don't ask me why, I just hate everything drug related.
Pretty nice sprites you've got besides.
dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »

Savick, thank for your feedback. One of message our game is "Punishment is inevitable". Because you doing illegal stuff, you often going to “visit” prison.

dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 04:30:34 AM »

Hi, tigsourcers! This week we started designing random events for our game. Here are some illustartions for them:

dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 06:44:44 AM »

Our artist Vadim drawed Key Image for the game. What do you think?

Sazem
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 10:20:26 AM »

Really nice pixel art stuff going on. Also I like those illustrations too with few colors and values, especially the factory one (somehow reminded me pixars monsters inc story boards).

dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 05:41:16 AM »

Thank you)

dmitry_minsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 05:45:39 AM »

Basement weekly update

xdegtyarev, write an article about creating "Fog of War" post effect on our dev blog

How does it look:

Vadim, draw "Meet the ..." image for one of game characters - Seed.

And I write a little post on reddit about our blog analytics.

Stay in touch!

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »

Our artist Vadim drawed Key Image for the game. What do you think?

This is incredible
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »

Very curious about the gameplay!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic