Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:27:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeHelp with naming a game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with naming a game  (Read 1125 times)
Will Huxtable
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »

Hello,

My friend and I are making a game, and we're currently trying to name it. We're currently thinking of Metasis/Metesis, but there are a few companies names Metasis, and I'd rather not cause any potential confusion.

A bit about the game:

It's a randomly generated RPG sidescroller, focused quite a lot around a dimensions jumping mechanic. It's in a cyberpunk style. It's set post/during an apocolypse, where beings from another dimension are "invading" (sorta). Oh, and the player is an Android, so there is going to be some conflict with some discrimination as such. One of the main goals will be to rescue people who are in certain trouble, in other dimensions and spread about the world. I hope this is enough for you.

Anyway, we weren't sure whether Metasis/Metesis were memorable enough, or had any other troubles. Plus, we're not certain which spelling to go with.

I'd love to know what you think!
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:56 AM »

As far as I know, you can always have a name of your game that might be another company's name as long as the name isn't TMed and not in the same industry (like games vs cement manufacturing for example). If it is TMed then you can't really.

I am guessing the name is a combination between stasis and Meta or perhaps the short of Metamorphosis? Just guessing here...
Why that particular name?

Will Huxtable
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »

Ahh, thanks.

Well, I was messing about on thesaurus.com, it basically means change - so you were right, as things will be very different from the past. The meaning, I don't think, is too important.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

I see... hmm... perhaps Dimension Rescue? But it is a bit too common with "rescue".
Perhaps give the game the same name as the robot/android rescuing people?

If there is some moral behind the rescues and there are scenarios where you wouldn't be able to rescue said victim or might lose (and still continue the game without restarting or reloading) perhaps a name like "If, only If..."?

Perhaps something like Within Worlds since it is about other dimension and you get to jump between them and that kind of thing.

Hope that helps in anyway (sorry if they are bad names though).

erebusman
Level 2

no one of consequence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »

Not that your likely to really find what you want here but its funny and sometimes humor could be inspiring in an odd sideways kind of way ...

http://videogamena.me/

Infernohawke Entertainment
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »

You reminded me of this :D

The Ultimate Guide to Naming Your Game

Will Huxtable
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

Thanks for that, pretty awesome flow chart. I have tried that generator before Tongue

Anyway, we both really like Within Worlds, thanks so much! If it ever gets finished, will put you in the credits. Smiley
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »

You are most welcome guys. Good luck and looking forward for some dimension jumping :D

Will Huxtable
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 01:12:34 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Now that we have a name, a devlog should be coming relatively soon - a week or so.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic