Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:28:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeFire Emblem/Clash of Clans style game - ideas and brainstorming
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem/Clash of Clans style game - ideas and brainstorming  (Read 1298 times)
Xaron
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2014, 02:44:53 AM »

Dear all,

inspired by a member of reddit, being a fan of turn based games, RPGs and even games like Clash of Clans ( don't smash me on that one! Well, hello there! ) I always wanted to create something similar. Fire Emblem comes into my mind which I think would be nice to have it on mobile devices. With this thread I just want to discuss what such a game should have and what not, what you would love to see. The rough goal is to make it turn based multiplayer and it's for mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone) with a lot of RPG elements, fights maybe more "arena like" where your warriors meet other teams to fight with.

Turn based multiplayer fights should be fun as well as character development and perma death of them. So you would have a team of characters fighting other player teams. I still have some basic questions about the basic design. E.g. I like some ways Clash of Clans does it like that you have random opponents and simply can't raid newbies so to say.

In one sentence: A mix of CoC with FE where you have a team of characters attacking other player's team of characters in a turn based way like in Fire Emblem.

I think the best way concerning the environment is that each player has some kind of its own village maybe with some neighborhood/environment where you can gather and mine some resources for crafting (yes that should be part of it!) and do some training like fights against wild animals or if it's better to have some kind of an open world.

Regarding the fights there would be two options to discuss:
1) Only offline players can be attacked (like in CoC). That way an AI would take the place of the player who is offline.
2) Only online players can be attacked. This would be nice because both players can do their moves. Drawback of this is that there could be disconnects and so on. In that case the AI could take over.

I'm still in the design phase so please just let me know what you would like to see. Let me participate on your ideas! Thanks!  Smiley

Oh... and there's actually a chance that it will become a game. Wink I have already some apps in the markets.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:51:12 AM by Xaron » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic