Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411496 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:43:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLegend of Brightness is desperately seeking feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Legend of Brightness is desperately seeking feedback  (Read 1638 times)
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »

Hi there,

It’s Mobiapis, from China, a game developer starting from scratch.

We have released a game named “Legend of Brightness” in both Australia and Canada. However, the response has absolutely frustrated us. It is NOT that welcomed at all. We have almost no player in the game although we think SLG game is supposed to be popular in oversea market. We have hired a translator to localize the language of our game and the new version is coming. So this time, we focus on the following aspects:

1.How do you feel about the game-play system?
2.How do you feel about our game rules or newbie guide?
3.How do you feel about our graphics and sound effect?
4.How do you feel about our UI?
5.Do you think our game is fun? Do you want to recharge in the game to purchase gems?

Thank you so much for your support!

Download Address: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/legend-of-brightness/id844743088?mt=8
Ronsho
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:33:44 PM »

Why just Australia and Canada?  I'd try it out if it were in the U.S. store.
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »

We released these two countries for testing, and we can support Canadian apple ID for you to download the game.

Please click the "setting" on your apple and enter "iTunes Store and App Store".

Log out from your account.

Open the App Store interface.

Select "Legend of Brightness".
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »

Nothing seems to work well on my old iPod Touch, so I probably won't try this. I thought I'd still comment, mainly to give my thoughts on how you can get more people to give your game a shot.

-The art in the screenshots looks really great. Very impressive work.

-I would recommend that you get that translator to look at your App Store page too. The text in the description and in the screenshots is a bit strange in places.

-Maybe one of the reasons nobody is playing your game is that it's unclear what sort of game it is. Your screenshots don't really show gameplay, and the description just says "war and strategy" which could mean quite a few different things.

-I'd recommend removing the "|" or "1" characters from your description (It looks like a vertical line, but comes up as a one when I copy it). It really looks like it says "18 modes of powerful formation" when I assume it's only 8, since the "1" shows up at the beginning of many of the lines. You don't want to accidentally promise more than you're offering or you'll make some players angry.

I'm not going to go through and rewrite the whole description, obviously, but some simple things you can fix are as follows:

-"the game’s also boasts" -> "the game also boasts"
-"scenes with a overarching narrative" -> "scenes with an overarching narrative"
-"Elaborated instruction" -> "Elaborate instructions"
-"Deep strategically elements" -> "Deep strategic elements"

It might be a good idea to create a trailer and/or a gameplay video to show how the game actually plays. That will help entice people to try it. I've also seen a lot of people say that social media is incredibly important for getting people to hear about games, so you might want to create a Twitter account, talk about it on Facebook, etc.

I would love to see a video of it. I'm really curious what the game is like.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 11:58:10 PM »

Thanks for your help
here is the gameplay video create by IGV Gameplay Reviews

lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »

What you can do in the game:
1.Assemble and enhance weapons to defeat enemy hordes and hostile races.
2.Create your base, legion and safeguard them with your own troops.
3.Build up a house, a booming race or an indestructible castle.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »

It's still unclear. Is this a tower-defense game? A real-time strategy game? A MOBA? Is the focus on building a base or on fighting? Does the player control one character or multiple units?

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 12:48:34 AM »

It's still unclear. Is this a tower-defense game? A real-time strategy game? A MOBA? Is the focus on building a base or on fighting? Does the player control one character or multiple units?
The game is a little similar to Chronicles of Merlin
ArtixBot
TIGBaby

Migrant from Kongregate.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 06:52:14 PM »

I'm not going to lie here; as a player from Kongregate (a flash gaming website), I can say that these types of games have already flooded the market; as a result, games like this are oftentimes ridiculed and critically panned for lacking ingenuity and adopting certain "themes" every time (i.e. fantasy, city building, automatic combat, etc.)

So, to answer your questions:

1. Your game-play system is nothing new, really.
2. Game rules are good enough, nothing special.
3. Graphics are like those of other Chinese idle MMOs, such as the horrors that R2Games spews forth every other day. Nothing special.
4. UI is functional.
5. Seeing games so similar to this, I have no reason to want to purchase premium currency.

In other words:
Your game is too similar to other chinese MMOs that accomplish the same thing- this is the most likely reason you have no players.

Hope this helps.
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:18 PM »

I'm not going to lie here; as a player from Kongregate (a flash gaming website), I can say that these types of games have already flooded the market; as a result, games like this are oftentimes ridiculed and critically panned for lacking ingenuity and adopting certain "themes" every time (i.e. fantasy, city building, automatic combat, etc.)

So, to answer your questions:

1. Your game-play system is nothing new, really.
2. Game rules are good enough, nothing special.
3. Graphics are like those of other Chinese idle MMOs, such as the horrors that R2Games spews forth every other day. Nothing special.
4. UI is functional.
5. Seeing games so similar to this, I have no reason to want to purchase premium currency.

In other words:
Your game is too similar to other chinese MMOs that accomplish the same thing- this is the most likely reason you have no players.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your honest reply. It is very important and helpful for us to improve our game.
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 01:16:15 AM »

here is our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legend-of-Brightness/250599478476070
please feel free to give any feedback about the game
Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:28:18 AM »

I haven't got an i-anything so I can't try this, but one thing that might be putting people off is the name.  "Legend of..." titles are painfully generic, overused and don't really tell anybody anything about what kind of game it is.  I also don't really understand what the full title is even supposed to mean.  There's a Legend that there was once... brightness?  I know brightness exists, I can see it, so it lacks mystique as a subject of legend.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
lobtest0808
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 11:00:45 PM »

Here is the video, please have a look.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic