Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:49:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallLittle Ghost Joe
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Little Ghost Joe  (Read 12118 times)
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:40:52 PM »

Started back in 2006, Little Ghost Joe took almost 3 years to complete, but after countless delays, it's finally here.
LGJ is a freeware platformer inspired by many classic platformers like Super Mario Bros, with rather unique visuals and setting (beggining of the XX century).
The game tells the story of Joe, who was brutally killed while his murderer, McLoud, got away without punishment. Since justice didn't work, Joe decided to get back to earth as a ghost and have his revenge, but for that he'll have to cross the Evil Mountains and get past the devil's
minions before he can reach McLoud.

You can also compare your highest scores with others human players thanks to the online scoreboard which you can find here:
http://www.neogen2.com/lgjscores.php .
The soundtrack was composed by Johan Hargne, who made an amazing work at creating the whole ambience of the game which was one of my biggest concerns with the game.

Grin

You may download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnzjth9wthk

Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

Really cute Smiley good job. Actually, I'm at level 13 and I love its style. Platforming is a bit difficult at the beginning and I frequently die by mistake. Fortunately, the possibility to start from the last level is really helpful. There's a good variety of enemies but it's not the same for most of the levels.

(the music of the cave levels is pretty nice   CoffeeHand Metal Right)
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »

damn, 3 years?

Levin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »

damn, 3 years?

It should be normal if you don't work hardly and every day on a game: some people can dedicate a really short time in a month to game dev.
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »

Thanks a lot Super Toad !  Grin

eddietree: yeah it did, but I didn't work on it at a regular pace, there was a few months I didn't do much if not almost nothing.  Tongue
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »

Ah. Not bad at all. Very nice game  Beer!

Good work, Mike

increpare
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »

okay...I'm finding it...difficult...I'll have to play it a couple of more times I think before i have anything more informative than that to say about my experience...
PureQuestion
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

It's interesting. I find it a bit hard to actually land on the enemies.

increpare
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »

It's interesting. I find it a bit hard to actually land on the enemies.
yeah; initially I hated it, but now I guess maybe that's one of the nice novelties of this game?

(In some sense I applaud the absence of a difficult curve in that game, in one sense I'm unhappy I ended up editing the save file to see more of the game)

Having spikes in areas where you can't see is occasionally a bit nasty; in general I found myself having visibility problems like this on several occasions.  Hmm.  Maybe this is also a feature, though?
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »

thanks a lot eddietree !  Grin

stephen lavelle and PureQuestion: Well it's not really a feature, I wanted to make a challenging game and I'm pretty confident I was successfull, but in the other hand there are some parts that might be a tad too hard to the point of frustration.  Tongue
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic