Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:10:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Gang Beasts Animation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gang Beasts Animation  (Read 2136 times)
ostrich160
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »

So Im sure you've all seen the game Gang Beasts now, and its rather unusual animation style. Now, Ive been trying for literally days to get something similar, and Ive got nothing. One of the devs told me briefly that it was a ragdoll that used forces, but trying this on mine, it doesnt really work. I was just wondering if (this is in Unity 3d by the way) any of you guys knew how to make a similar style, or if you know any tutorials or, if it comes to it, Asset store items (I tried Final IK and couldnt get it to work like this, maybe theres a way how that you know).

Thanks guys
Tom
ostrich160
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:47:20 AM »

This might have been posted at an odd time (it was 6am for me), so I'll bump it
RandyGaul
Level 1

~~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:26:58 AM »

Ragdoll with forces sounds like inverse kinematics to me. This will let animations flow through the physics simulation, and is probably super important for gang beasts' gameplay.

Check out the GDC lecture by that wolfire guy David Rosen, he mentions Gang Beasts and talks about the idea of procedural and physically aided animation.
ostrich160
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »

Thanks mate, I'll look that up now, any recommended tutorials or assets for this kind of thing?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic