Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:27:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCan you beat this shmup?! (Want feedbacks!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can you beat this shmup?! (Want feedbacks!)  (Read 474 times)
lucas.awoker
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »

Freaking hard?! No No NO Freaking amazing soundtrack?! No No NO Freaking 100 levels?! No No NO Freaking nostalgic shoot’em up style? Freaking 5 Phoenixes freaking beating all types of freaking different bosses and powers?! Freaking strawberry ice cream if you beat all levels? (That’s not freaking true…)  Cheesy

Phoenix Force is your answer to all your questions! Well, hello there! With challenging and nostalgic style, you will pull your hair off and cry to beat the Mages, Reapers, Griffons, Harpies, Mummies and more!

You have Fury, Cryo, Tupã, Gaia and Gast  to help in your quest. Together they form Phoenix Force!

http://youtu.be/ldhdq3oUiB8?list=FL_O676UWYo8wVmhQ_m8mh_A

So… do you have the guts?  Cool

:!:  Get your FREE copy here for PC, Android, Windows Phone, and soon PSVita and iOS: http://www.phoenixforcegame.com/ :D

Thank you and feedback us about everything!
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:48:22 PM »

I'm not a huge shmup fan (not since the DOS ones I played as a kid), but I gave it a try. I beat the first four levels.

-I was shocked that it didn't support my 360 gamepad.

-I was a bit disappointed that I didn't have any control over my shots. I know it doesn't really make a difference if I hold a button to shoot or have it auto-fire, but it made it feel like I wasn't in control and made success less satisfying.

-I really disliked how my bullets auto-aimed slightly. In level 4, against the two bosses, I ended up killing the one I wasn't aiming at before the one I was trying to take out first. It just feels like I'm cheating and, much like my previous point, it takes away some of the satisfaction of beating levels.

-I was disappointed to see enemies already being reused in the fourth level. I know their behaviors were different, but at least some different colors or something would be good. It felt like you'd already run out of enemy ideas (although I see from your GIF that there are other ones later).

-The difficulty curve is very strange. Stage 1 felt far more difficult than Stages 2-4.

-I found it strange that the "Level 2" button was so prominent. I kept almost clicking it by accident because my cursor was left hovering over it after the previous window.

-I found it a bit clunky getting into levels. It takes so many clicks. Have you considered removing the phoenix-selection screen? If people want to change, maybe they can just do that some other way rather than being asked every single time they go to start a level. I just wanted to move forward, but between the multiple windows and the buttons not being where I'd expect them to be, it took a while to get into each level. Ideally, I would like to be able to just click twice or something, with minimal mouse movement, and get back into the action.

-This might seem to go against my previous point, but I found it strange that after beating a stage I got automatically moved to the next. If I want to try the higher difficulty level, I have to click outside the window, move my character back and go through the whole process again. Maybe a "Go to Next Stage?" confirmation would be a good idea.

-The world map felt a bit too plain, I think. I realize that the land looks a lot like the land in-game, so that's not too bad. Maybe just adding some texture to the water would help. I also felt like I should be able to move the camera around, but maybe there's a reason I you want to restrict it so much.

-It wasn't clear to me if my reward for beating a stage was automatically applied (like +2 Damage or whatever it was), or if I had to manually do that somehow. It also wasn't clear if I had an opportunity to get a reward on any stage, or if some stages always only give stars.

-Apart from looking at the enemy health bars, I had no indication of how much damage I was doing. Some sort of visual feedback would be nice. It didn't even feel like I was doing anything at all, and then I'd see the boss die suddenly.

-I really like the music.

-The bosses I fought looked pretty decent and I liked their attacks. I also like that they change up their patterns fairly often, so even though I'm using the same weapon on and on the action doesn't get too stale.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic