Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:48:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSlideStomp
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SlideStomp  (Read 1210 times)
Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:13:15 AM »

SlideStomp

Game is currently most in "conceptual" phase, so it miss the goal and the GameOver... but mechanics should be easy enough to guess.
You're supposed to destroy the falling elements before they leave the "gray" area (a plane right over the power globe)... You've to use your finger, but you can't just destroy elements straight away (like Fruit Ninja).. you've to "grab" the power sliding (or stomping) on the power globe.. then drag your "burning finger" over your target.

I've drafted many other mechanics, but still don't know if I'll be capable to actually program them... so consider anything from here "mostly not actually doable for me" ... but I'll try anyway (conceptual only, not currently determined for the final product):

- Power globe isn't static... tilting your device you can swing it left and right. (actually done, but needs improvment)
- the purpose of swing power globe it's to dodge the burned stuff's scraps: because if something hit your globe, it become "deactivated" for about 2~5 seconds in which you're dangerously left un-powered against your enemies
- on the ground under the globe embers the source of different powers... so if at left there are ice power embers all you need is to tilt left and slide the globe onto it: once the globe is on [ice power embers] the ice power itself become activated
- wood piece are destroyed by fire power while you need ice power to destroy [put fire/hot/lava stuff here]... but some objects need a different combination of power in order to be destroyed... like falling crystal stalactite. Crystal stalactite can be destroyed after many hits with fire OR ice... but if you COMBINE two hits with both fire and ice within short time... you can destroy it in just two shoot!

Review and download Slidesomp
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:08:15 AM by Forto2 » Logged

Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:54:13 PM »

New update... now with a bit of more challenge and a little "helper" Wink
check it out

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »

Just a small note. When you create a topic, you can set the "Message icon" to Android to make it more obvious. Thank you for writing it in the title, at least, because as someone without an Android device it's always disappointing to see a game that looks good and then tiny writing at the end of the post "Android download".

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:58 AM »

Thanks, now I've removed [android] from the title but set the correct icon in a way now this thread is more consistent with others posts.
Being a linux user I know how much annoy to see when a game you're curious to try... suddenly realize it's not available for your platform; so... here's the binaries for Windows, OSX and Linux X11: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/6d002c09
It's not optimized since some touch elements doesn't work (you have to press the start button to play and use "ghost" powerglobe at right): but it still provide a good experience (I hope).

By the way, game is currently approved on Amazon

Any sincere review is greatly appreciated over there. Smiley

Also, I am currently on pending process for approvation on Opera App store... while SlideMe plainly refused, oh well.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »

I didn't notice that you'd uploaded a windows version.

I won't comment on the "ghost" power globe because that isn't part of the real game. I do think that the control could use some tweaking. Maybe consider giving the player a certain amount of time that they can use their power before recharging it, so they have to hurry and try to destroy as many objects as possible in that time (Maybe give them a combo meter too, since a lot of people like that sort of thing).

I also seemed to hit that point where my sphere was deactivated. It just seemed like the game was broken. It really needs some feedback (like the fire being temporarily diminished or something).

If you want to actually sell this, you'll probably need to add sound and music. I don't think many people will play a game like this, let alone pay for one, if there's no sound at all.

Other than those few issues, it seems fine. I personally don't enjoy it, mainly because it's really repetitive, but some people like repetitive games. I think that even for those people it will probably need a little more variety. Some of the possible future additions that you wrote down sound good.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:36 AM »

I didn't notice that you'd uploaded a windows version.
I got the idea to upload it after reading your post

I won't comment on the "ghost" power globe because that isn't part of the real game. I do think that the control could use some tweaking. Maybe consider giving the player a certain amount of time that they can use their power before recharging it, so they have to hurry and try to destroy as many objects as possible in that time (Maybe give them a combo meter too, since a lot of people like that sort of thing).
I like the combo idea, it's already in the code the ability of having a "supercharge" that allow player maintain the firepower for more hits than once (burn more piece in single hit).
The design idea for gain this power is this (it's not visible on pc version, but on android you can move the powerglobe left and right titling the device:

I also seemed to hit that point where my sphere was deactivated. It just seemed like the game was broken. It really needs some feedback (like the fire being temporarily diminished or something).
It was the GameOver (when there are no more ants walking), it was confusing because I hadn't completed yet the GameOver animation; newer version for android now have it (I'll upload the binary for pc again)

If you want to actually sell this, you'll probably need to add sound and music. I don't think many people will play a game like this, let alone pay for one, if there's no sound at all.
I wanted to make sure I had the skeletal structure for the gameplay, also to realize better how often happen certain events in normal gameplay... I think a barley audible soundfx when firepower is active and a more satisfying, but brief, burning soundfx when hit successful a wooden piece will cover most need

Other than those few issues, it seems fine. I personally don't enjoy it, mainly because it's really repetitive, but some people like repetitive games. I think that even for those people it will probably need a little more variety. Some of the possible future additions that you wrote down sound good.

Well, my target level is casual gaming... so nothing too much elaborated indeed: but as I said, I've lot of additional features in mind; I just need to set what I can actually do (program) and what to avoid (ruin/break the gameplay).
The suppose of this game is to have it on your smartphone/tablet for having casual, time wasting, fun to dedicate to it... I do not hope that gamers will put themselves ready for serious gaming within it (thus, my ego would be greatly appreciate it if true  Grin )

Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:44 AM »

btw: I've uploaded a very little gameplay with the game main mechanics; there's a bit more in the game.. but I'll update with something more complete in future (just need to improve framerate and stuff)

Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:28 AM »

NEW UPDATE-
Now with introduction tutorial and survival mode!

Forto2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 07:40:38 AM »

Yet another update!

http://forto.itch.io/slidestomp

... and video of course!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic