Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:43:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 30 in 24 hours. Who's in? #LD48
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 30 in 24 hours. Who's in? #LD48  (Read 11172 times)
_metamythical
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »

So, who's in?

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/

Tears of Joy

0x0961h
Level 2

Quantum Demon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »

I am. I want to take revenge for my "Beneath The Surface" failure. Droop

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

I'm in. I'm trying to make a 3d game for the first time with unity, so i might fail or i might make something really cool. Depends on how hard it is to pick up unity, cause so far i've only been doing tutorials, I haven't done any games on my own.

Also, one of the options is Alchemy. I'm pretty sure i've seen that same theme on the two other LD's i've been in. What's up with that? Explain to me why it could be a good topic?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
TautNerve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:28 AM »

I'm in, though there are some themes on the list that really turn me off,
hopefully none of them gets picked.

Let's tweet together:
@TautNerve
Play my games here:
Itch.io page
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:50 AM »

I'd love to Sad

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »

Probably in depending on subject and ideas that comes in my mind  Cheesy

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:30:14 AM »

I'm really tempted, but the event has creeped up on me and my weekend is kinda full already. If a theme really tickles me I'm in.

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
PixelMonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:14:53 AM »

I am possibly/probably in. Last LD I didn't manage to finish, and I have even LESS time this one, but it's worth trying anyway.
Whiskas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »

I'm also in. First LD48, I wanted to have a small break from C++ so I plan on using Phaser even though I just got into it yesterday.

Good luck to everyone and don't forget to have fun Beer!
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:44:02 AM »

I'm in for sure, the summer jam is the only one I have the time for. Last year I did quite well in the humour category with 'Gone in Ten Seconds' but my coding skills have improved since then so this year I'm hoping to try my hand at something a bit more ambitious in terms of gameplay.

One of the things I find most beneficial about LD is rating and commenting on other people's games. I always try to give as much feedback as I can and I think the act of analysing a game, considering where it worked and where it didn't, is really valuable experience.

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 08:22:20 AM »

I'm in!

Going by the results of the first 4 rounds of voting, I'm going to guess Connected Worlds will win (it got like 4-5 times the net positive votes all the other themes got), or Day and Night. I'd love to be wrong about that, though, because they're both kind of dull and there are going to be a ton of really similar games from them. Although I suppose that's the same with 90% of themes.

I'll be using Unity, and I'll probably do a 3D game since it went pretty well last time!
One of the things I find most beneficial about LD is rating and commenting on other people's games. I always try to give as much feedback as I can and I think the act of analysing a game, considering where it worked and where it didn't, is really valuable experience.
I definitely agree with this; the past 2 LDs that I've done I've voted on the 100 games it takes to get the gold coolness badge.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »

I'm in. :hype:

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
IndieEmma
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »

I'm in! This time I hope I am motivated enough to make a good game for once. 
zath
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »

I'm also in! My first compo ever and I'm really excited. I'd love to see themes like Alchemy, Growing or Do No Harm. Not sure if I manage to finish anything, but it doesn't matter. I see it as a break from corporate work and it's gonna be fun for sure.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:33 PM »

I'm in for my second attempt at Ludum Dare.

Enjoyed the experience of the last one and was a great learning experience. Not sure about the theme of Connected Worlds though. Will have to brainstorm some ideas.

Good luck everyone.

Gamedragon
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »

I'd like to have a go but if I use Unity or another game engine I'm not sure how to share the source code. Am I even allowed to use a game engine? Can someone reply if you know the answer to either question?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:19:46 PM by Gamedragon » Logged
Stargazer
Level 0

See this? It's my Attorney's Badge.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 07:36:04 PM »

I'd like to have a go but if I use Unity or another game engine I'm not sure how to share the source code. Am I even allowed to use a game engine? Can someone reply if you know the answer to either question?
I'm pretty sure you're just supposed to zip-up the entire project. There's something about it in the rules, but you are definitely allowed to use Unity.

I'm in for the 4th time I think, I haven't been keeping track. Hopefully this will be the last time I use GMstudio, as I'd like to learn something new.
barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »

Zip up the project (or host it on github/bitbucket), but make sure not to include any paid-for assets.

If you're doing the Jam, that includes things like art/audio/scripts/editor extensions/etc., but if you're doing the 48-hour competition, you're only allowed paid-for code libraries. Make sure they aren't in your source zip because that'll likely breach their license.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »

I seem to be making a portal ripoff. What are you guys making?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 02:27:42 AM »

I seem to be making a portal ripoff. What are you guys making?

Since it's other-worlds, you could have it so that every time you pass through a portal, a shadow comes out of the one you enter. A bit like the mirror in prince of persia (orig.)

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic