Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:44:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBreached: Tap Defense (Tower Defense game for Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Breached: Tap Defense (Tower Defense game for Android)  (Read 667 times)
kabumere
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »

Hey guys, just finished up my first every mobile app today.

I've thoroughly tested it on my 7inch HP Slate Tablet and on a Samsung Galaxy S5, but of course being the one who programmed it there's probably things I've overlooked that you can catch.

I'm especially interested in how the game looks on 10inch Tablets as I did not have one at hand to test on, so if you have one do take a few screenshots and upload them!

But other than 10inch tablet feedback, I'd also like to hear how the gameplay feels. Make sure stages aren't too hard/easy (except the first 3 stages, they're basically tutorial stages so they should be somewhat easy).

Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abumere.games.towerdefense

Some Screenshots: (I resized them as they were taken on a tablet and extremely wide. Hope I didn't make them too blurry in the process!)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:14:18 PM by kabumere » Logged

*Newest App*
Breached: Tap Defense
Role-playing, science fiction Tower Defense game
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=abumere.games.towerdefense
vegu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:19:08 AM »

Hi!

I installed and tried your game, here are my impressions:

I like the look of the game, also for a first game this feels really solid! Well done.

Also I found it fairly difficult, which is a good thing in my book, although maybe i am just bad Smiley Are you able to beat all the levels without having to buy dynamite / bombs?

Some feedback would be nice when dudes get past my defenses, right now they just walk into whatever is past the exit point and my heart counter goes down, would be nice to see some other effect on the screen.

Possible bugs:

When asked to enter a name there was no way for me to confirm my input i was stuck at the big text entry overlay the only way for me to get past that was to change to a different app and change back then it was back to the small input box with my name in it and i could proceed.

When i locked my phone and then unlocked it to get back into the game the entire app restarted. It seemed to recover fine from a phone call though.

EDIT: tested on HTC One

kabumere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »

Hi!

I installed and tried your game, here are my impressions:

I like the look of the game, also for a first game this feels really solid! Well done.

Also I found it fairly difficult, which is a good thing in my book, although maybe i am just bad Smiley Are you able to beat all the levels without having to buy dynamite / bombs?

Some feedback would be nice when dudes get past my defenses, right now they just walk into whatever is past the exit point and my heart counter goes down, would be nice to see some other effect on the screen.

Possible bugs:

When asked to enter a name there was no way for me to confirm my input i was stuck at the big text entry overlay the only way for me to get past that was to change to a different app and change back then it was back to the small input box with my name in it and i could proceed.

When i locked my phone and then unlocked it to get back into the game the entire app restarted. It seemed to recover fine from a phone call though.

EDIT: tested on HTC One

Hey vegu, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the look of the game!

I'm able to beat every Stage without using anything from the Store, but of course I've played every Stage countless times while testing so it comes easy to me. Could you tell me which Stage and which wave within the Stage did you feel that the game was overly difficult? It would allow me to play through it to make sure there's multiple combinations available to beat the Stage.

As far as your first possible bug finding: if I'm understanding correctly, you're saying that you tap the box, put your name in, and then have no way of entering said name? The onscreen keyboard that you used should be whatever virtual keyboard comes with your phone. So just press the enter key, or return key, or whatever key is on your virtual keyboard that indicates 'Enter'.

I'll look into the app restarting when coming back from a screen lock. Just justed on my HP Slate 7 and the app didn't restart though, so can you tell me what version of Android you're running on your HTC One? I'll try to do it in an emulator while testing that bug.

Again, thanks for the feedback and let me hear any other comments, concerns or bugs!

*Newest App*
Breached: Tap Defense
Role-playing, science fiction Tower Defense game
vegu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 11:31:27 AM »

I meant that i was able to type my name but had no way of actually submitting my input, hitting return / enter just did a linefeed, there was no way for me to get out of the virtual keyboard.

Snakes Tongue took me a while to beat. Dont get me wrong im not saying its unberably difficult, but it seemed like a steep step up from the previous levels.

Running android 4.4.2

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic