Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:54:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPolytron hacked
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Polytron hacked  (Read 6316 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2014, 02:47:27 AM »

1.5 gigs of company data doxed, including financials, contracts, source code.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/201913-phil-fish-to-sell-polytron-and-fez-ips-and-leave-the-video-game-industry-in-wake-of-major-hack/

In Phil's own words: https://imgur.com/uDIaZkE

Stay safe out there people. Stuff is getting pretty nasty.

Ant
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:00:40 AM »

:O
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:59 AM »

scary shit
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 03:22:30 AM »

This thing is getting internationnal , in french forums people are talking about zoequinn sex scandal and phil fish hacking

Kotaku too , they will have hard time with that

Anyway i wonder how the wife of the zoequinn boss is reacting now

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 04:28:07 AM »

What a shame.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Gestalte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 05:40:59 AM »

oh no
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 06:38:01 AM »

:[

MrBones
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 06:48:37 AM »

this "issue" with zoe, fish, etc. is getting way out of hand
I can't tell who's doing what anymore
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »

So is this a marketing ploy by Phil? or have I been too busy comparing RT.com news with the western views and sharpening the propaganda sensors?
I am guessing there might be interested buyers, who wouldn't have known the possibility without this news.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 07:13:05 AM »

this act is getting out of hand. just what the fuck are they thinking? pony? what a despicable bunch.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 07:25:24 AM »

I can't tell who's doing what anymore

I'm not sure how that's possible.

MrBones
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »

I'm not sure how that's possible.

Recently there was an indiegogo campaign for helping women to create video games and supposedly most of the money came from 4Chan users, then someone hacks phil fish and claims to be from 4Chan, Zoe claims people are hacking her and claims harassment but people have come up with supposed evidence that she was lying, a transexual woman claims that Zoe Quinn Doxxed and harassed her but this has no actual claim, etc. etc.

The list just goes on of convoluted shit happening with no real claim or evidence to who's actually doing what and who's just claiming that someone else has done something. I don't know, I haven't really been actively trying to keep up with this or whatever, so maybe I'm just an idiot.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »

i personally know victims involved, and i assure you its very very real

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »

Recently there was an indiegogo campaign for helping women to create video games and supposedly most of the money came from 4Chan users, then someone hacks phil fish and claims to be from 4Chan, Zoe claims people are hacking her and claims harassment but people have come up with supposed evidence that she was lying, a transexual woman claims that Zoe Quinn Doxxed and harassed her but this has no actual claim, etc. etc.

Zoe being or not being a jerk does not have any bearing on whether people are actuing scummy to her and known associates. Attempts to trivialize attacks because "the victim deserved it" are fucking atrocious and you should really consider why you would ever listen to anyone who suggests them.

Also,
https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/502628236980146176

Also,
https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/501842034764681216

be more considerate, dont lend a voice to the claims of violent shitlords.

MrBones
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 08:26:48 AM »

Attempts to trivialize attacks because "the victim deserved it" are fucking atrocious and you should really consider why you would ever listen to anyone who suggests them.

be more considerate, dont lend a voice to the claims of violent shitlords.

That was not at all what I meant to say in that post, I'm not quite sure how you deduced that. I didn't say fish or quinn deserved to be hacked and victimized on social media. I was trying to make a point on how convoluted this incident has been since it began.

I do not at all think that the people shitting on fish and quinn have justified behavior and I do not in any way agree with what people have been doing to them. I apologize if my post seemed hostile.
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »

@Catguy
calm down, i'm sure he didn't mean anything other than telling us that this conspiracy is weird and confusing.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »

You know, Fish is one man that I find really despicable and I cant stand his attention whoring and shit. But as much as this guy gets on my nerves and want to figuratively punch him in the face, he really doesnt deserve these sorts of attacks, and neither do Zoe. Who the fuck these justice hacker guys think they are?

Its bad enough they spout all this game journalism corruption (personal affairs that may or may have not happened are irrelevant anyway), and now they come up because some jacaksss is annoying that he deserves it. EVen if you head for retribution, thats not how that works.

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »

oh man ive already officially reached 'calm down' territory for dispelling toxic rumors

dialogue which enables/justifies hate and harassment is never ok, dorks. There is no conspiracy.

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »

For what it's worth, Zoe's ex has been answering questions on /r/girlgamers/ regarding the claims of manipulation and cheating that he made towards Zoe. I'm not going to make any statement about who is right or wrong in this case, but it should at least shed some light on his side of the events.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 09:14:22 AM »

Reading the reddit a bit, I think the guy is not as terrible as i guessed, but he really handled this shit terribly if he didnt foresee what would entail in the long end. thats not to say i can realte to the dude anyway. the whole nepotism thing is overblow in my eyes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic