Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:08:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPolytron hacked
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Polytron hacked  (Read 6317 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »

these are the sort of shit that i really shouldnt judge&jury about

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »

oh man ive already officially reached 'calm down' territory for dispelling toxic rumors

dialogue which enables/justifies hate and harassment is never ok, dorks. There is no conspiracy.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »

yeah, i think its the easy way out to dismiss as conspiracy the shit happened to someone you dislike. doesnt make it the right way tho.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

somehow the conversation goes from "hackers committing significant crimes trying to ruin polytron" to "but what about zoes ex-boyfriends side of the story?"

people have to be able to understand that this is a problem, right?

vague personal dramas in no way justify the crimes and hate campaign we've seen this past week. its insane.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »

tbf, as aware as i am of the issue, there is not much i can do other than just hoping there are sufficient legal repercussions towards the attackers.

i mean, it is not even my regional jurisdiction

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »

I mean, I feel for the jerk who got his feelings hurt, I believe the harm zoe did to him was probably real. I've been cheated on and shit before.

Doesn't justify any of his actions. One jerk being cruel to another jerk out of revenge isnt ok.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »

tbf, as aware as i am of the issue, there is not much i can do other than just hoping there are sufficient legal repercussions towards the attackers.

i mean, it is not even my regional jurisdiction

oh, sorry, i wasnt aiming that specifically at you. you seem like a perfectly reasonable human being Hand Thumbs Up Left

Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »

I mean, I feel for the jerk who got his feelings hurt, I believe the harm zoe did to him was probably real. I've been cheated on and shit before.

Doesn't justify any of his actions. One jerk being cruel to another jerk out of revenge isnt ok.
What exactly are his actions, though? As far as I can tell, all Zoe's ex did was speak up and explain that they had been abused by Zoe. He seems like a victim, to me. Should we ask victims to remain silent about their abuse, lest other people form an angry mob and lynch the abuser?

Maybe I've missed something here. As Bonesy said, so much stuff has been going on these last few days it's hard to keep track of it all.

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »

What exactly are his actions, though? As far as I can tell, all Zoe's ex did was speak up and explain that they had been abused by Zoe.

he didn't just speak up, he (as far as i know) linked his shit on 4chan knowing how many haters she already had. so he was knowingly and intentionally fueled the hatred of a bunch of bigots for personal revenge. also this hasn't just affected zoe, it's affected other ppl, such as her boss and his family and now phil fish for some reason.

He seems like a victim, to me. Should we ask victims to remain silent about their abuse, lest other people form an angry mob and lynch the abuser?

depends on what kind of abuse it is tbh. ofc everyone's moral compass is going to be a little different but i personally went through a worse situation than what zoe's ex is describing w/r/t emotional abuse and even tho i don't "like" that person i would never wish an internet lynch mob on them.

also zoe has refused to comment on anything so we only have 1 side of the story and you know how nasty breakups can get sometimes.

FULL DISCLOSURE: i dont know zoe quinn personally and knew very little about her until this whole thing blew up
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »

Liz R has a seriously comprehensive post on \\..........//: http://ellaguro.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/on-right-wing-videogame-extremism.html

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 02:28:06 PM »

hahaha the phrase "right wing video game extremism" now exists and i will never know how or why
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »

Honestly, I think the (especially mainstream indie) video game development community/conspiracy/circlejerk needs a bit of a wake-up call.  I'm just sitting on the sidelines, eating my popcorn as this shit unfolds.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 05:14:22 PM »

dialogue which enables/justifies hate and harassment is never ok, dorks. There is no conspiracy.
maybe "conspiracy" just isn't the word to use in this situation. sorry.

PowRTocH
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »

did u know over 2000 people were killed in gaza this year

e: all i'm saying is go outside
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 05:44:37 PM by Cow » Logged
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »

Posting just to follow the thread cause I find the whole thing amusing to listen to. (inc "impmaster is a kid/asshole/whatever")

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
pottering
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »

what a petty small-minded vendetta

fucking pathetic that dudes think that dating a girl a couple of months gives them the right to completely wreck her AND OTHER PEOPLE'S lives, careers and reputations

IMO people should sue this ex dude and fill a police complaint about that hacking and publishing personal/business info thing, way too much out-of-proportion bullshit, way too much real harm happened to just ignore

AT LEAST they should get a lawyer, I'm not joking
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »

ferguson is also huge shit, i like (not) how there is fundamental underlying parralel on these issue. aka demonstrastion of power, silencing and subjugation upon a minorities using diversion tactics and selective reading

pottering
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »

tell that to the mob of assholes running a internet vendetta hacking campaign
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 08:28:56 PM »

Also in Iraq and Syria and Islamist State militant. And also what Gimmy said. And also Russia and Ukrain conflict that involve shooting down civilian plane sometime ago. Also political conflict.

The thing is, it get sadder if these thing is bundle together with the internet troll. It's like there is conflict everywhere you go. Why can't they just hug.

medieval
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2014, 11:22:46 PM »

no fez 2 i guess
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic