Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:37:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPeace, Love, and Jam 2014, who did it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Peace, Love, and Jam 2014, who did it?  (Read 1045 times)
Damycles
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »

Hey all! So I know I'm a couple of days late on it (I was busy teaching game design, couldn't focus as much on other things), but who else participated in Peace, Love, and Jam, even if they didn't end up submitting. I'd love to see what other people decided to come up with, and what their driving motives were. I'll get the ball rolling...

My partner and I created Rojin, which we submitted, as a game meant for meditation and relaxation. I don't know if you could really call it a "game", but more of a meditative experience where the user is put inside a Japanese garden with four distinct objects. Each object is something different and has a different background sound. What the user is meant to do is go to one of those spots, minimize the game, and let the sound run in the background as they do other things. At the end of the jam, we dedicated the game to Michael Brown. Here's the GameJolt page for it, go take a look!

http://gamejolt.com/games/other/rojin/32741/

--Nick

@nick_joebgen<br />@bearfootgames
SnoutUp
Level 0

Casual

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

I did it! Made a bee-flying game and also submitted it to "One Button Jam". While in a different setting than your entry it's also more a relaxing experience than a real game.

http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure/bee-nice/32692/

Taco Bot
Level 0

bona-fide human being

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »

I spent about an hour making a game. Because I was bored. Now it's my most popular game, at least 10 times more so than the one I spent weeks on.  Cry

Sent from my iPhone.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic