Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:31:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[MMORPG]Java Programmers needed!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [MMORPG]Java Programmers needed!!!  (Read 765 times)
Jhaxeon
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »

Hello my name is Jhaxeon Project Manager and Community Administrator of a Pokemonium Elite.I have been a staff member of serveral small MMORPG's and have a BA of ART in Human Resource Management. While I have knowledge on how to lead a successful community I lack the knowledge of programming and other skills. That's where you come in! I am looking for qualified applicants to help develop Pokemonium Elite to it's maximum potential,but what is PE you ask?
Pokemonium Elite is a private server/resurrection project that We've been trying to put together for some time now. We need dedicated and experienced people to help futher development of the game.  Below are the positions that are currently open and a list of features currently in available in game.
Positions Needed:

Experienced Java programmers - 2 programmers would be ideal but i would settle for one. Would love to have someone with database management skills.
Graphic Design Artists - 1 to 2
Web Developers - 1 to 2

Features:

Starter Pokémon Selection
Chat
Wild Pokémon
Catching (including Boxes)
Leveling/Evolution
Pokémon Center and Poké Mart
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
An advanced Gym Leader system where the Gym Leaders teams would grow to match the player.
Working TMs
HMs that are unlocked by raising the trainer level
Trading (Items/Pokémon/Money)
The ability to give Pokémon items to hold
A trainer level system that grants the trainers themselves exp when they battle NPC's, battle other players, or level up their Pokémon.
Effort Value system
Tournament and PvP arenas
PvP enforced area where players are unable to decline battle requests
Auto-updating system
An item mall that allows players to buy in-game items accessible on our website

Pokemonium has been around for a while now and as you can see the game already has a lot of features. This is not a start from the ground up kind of project, we need participants whom are willing to help us add content into the game in order for it to reach it's full potential. Again we are looking for people that are dedicated and are some what experienced in our fields of need.

Contact info
Reply or PM me here
For faster reply;
email me: [email protected] or skype: Jhaxue
Starkiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:24 AM »

You might want to take a look at this before starting: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/02/nintendo-shuts-down-fan-made-pokemon-mmo/

Which MMORPGs were you involved in before and what were your roles in them?

win/linux/ios/macos/wp7/xbox360 developer
- C#, Objective-C, Javascript, PHP.
- XNA/MonoGame, OpenGL/ES1, Direct3D.
Jhaxeon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »

You might want to take a look at this before starting: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/02/nintendo-shuts-down-fan-made-pokemon-mmo/

Which MMORPGs were you involved in before and what were your roles in them?

I know all about that situation as I was a staff member there. There where preventive measures that the admins could have done after nintendo gave us the first warning but they choose not to. I've been around the Pokemon MMORPG scene for a long time now. We are fully prepared for any event. Again, If interested in this project please pm,email,or skype me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic