Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 05:26:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMy first game now has a teaser trailer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first game now has a teaser trailer  (Read 1053 times)
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »

I have been working on it since January but don't have that many hours put into it as my life is pretty hectic right now and has been since May. However, I tried as much as possible to work on it every day for at least an hour or two, no matter how busy I was.

The combat system isn't finished, but is close enough to the point where I felt comfortable releasing a short teaser trailer today.

I didn't think this belonged in the DevLogs considering I don't want to make one for it, and not Finished because it just isn't finished. So, I put it in general.

Anyways... enjoy.

poe
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »

Is this an RPG Maker game? It looks pretty good.
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

Is this an RPG Maker game? It looks pretty good.

Thanks, compliments mean a lot to me.

It is RPG Maker. It's the only engine I know how to use right now. I made a decent RMVX game a couple years ago that never got released because I used a bunch of other people's stuff.

When I went into this one, I was already very experienced with the engine and could do things efficiently and fast. Also got to hand it to my partner Albin, probably the best Ruby programmer I've seen.

I'm thinking of using Clickteam Fusion 2.5 for my next game though. RPG Maker is very limiting, especially considering this game isn't even an RPG in the slightest. It's pretty decent if you know what you're doing, but there's a lot of custom programming and jerry-rigging to get around the engine's limits.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:37:54 AM by Mustaklaki » Logged

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:03:40 AM »

my first game had one of those
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:19 AM »

Looks tense. Music reminds me of The Raid: Redemption OST

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »

Looks tense. Music reminds me of The Raid: Redemption OST
That movie with all the asian people jumping off of walls and beating the shit out of each other?
Never actually seen it.

The music that is playing, it turns on whenever you are being chased, and won't go away until you escape or kill all the enemies chasing you. The game is mostly really dark, and you won't be able to see too well without your Flashlight, so enemies can come from anywhere. Leaving the flashlight off and walking instead of sprinting dramatically reduces your visual trace range and how much sound you make, so enemies most likely won't find you, but it's so dark that you can't see what you're doing.

I choose to shoot stuff. It's funner. Shooting also has a huge sound range so you'll pretty much agro everything in the map lol.

TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »

Cool shots/cuts. Work on a (short) description, add more tease to the "teaser"

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 07:05:04 PM »

Quote from: TacoBell_Lord
Cool shots/cuts. Work on a (short) description, add more tease to the "teaser"

Thanks a lot.
Quote from: Video
"Clandestinity of Elsie is a Psychological-Horror game based in post-WW2 New York State.

You play as Hayden Warrick, a mentally damaged alcoholic and war veteran. Haunted by his past, he must unravel the mystery of his wife Elsie's disappearance. You must scavenge, kill, and survive long enough to find her. Clandestinity of Elsie is heavily story based."

Not sure if you saw (nobody reads YouTube descriptions for some reason) but I do have a synopsis, but the IndieDB page has a little more info.

quisseh
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 08:02:28 PM »

Looks great. I like the art style. Game in general reminds me a bit of Lone Survivor.

I would like to have seen more cohesive clips of the gameplay. All of them were a little too brief for me to get a feel for how the game actually plays.

Your synopsis (especially the "heavily story based" part) has me interested.
JordanWH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »

This looks pretty interesting man. I'm stoked to try it out.
I agree that the teaser jumps around a little too much, but that's not a big deal to me. How much longer do you think you will be working on it?
Müsta Klaki
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 07:59:13 AM »

How much longer do you think you will be working on it?

I don't know. I doubt development will bleed into next year. I barely have any time to work on the game right now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic