Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:37:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLet's Talk Serious
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk Serious  (Read 11140 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2014, 12:29:07 PM »

ugh fine, I'll just hand it to you.

gone home is an example of people DOING IT THEMSELVES. check your post history to see what you thought about a game like that having prominence and influence.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2014, 12:36:46 PM »

gone home is an example of people DOING IT THEMSELVES. check your post history to see what you thought about a game like that having prominence and influence.

It was nice that Gone Home was more inclusive, but it absolutely did not deserve GOTY.  Just look at the Metacritic page.  It has an 86/100 score from reviewers and a 5.4/10 score from players.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »

It was nice that Gone Home was more inclusive, but it absolutely did not deserve GOTY.  Just look at the Metacritic page.  It has an 86/100 score from reviewers and a 5.4/10 score from players.

By your own logic regarding videogames: Wouldn't you say the published journalists who have actually Made Reviews are authorities vs the unwashed masses who just leave comments?

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »

yeah god all these players, all they're doing is complaining, fullbright actually made a game and did something! players are just whiners!

Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »

It was nice that Gone Home was more inclusive, but it absolutely did not deserve GOTY.  Just look at the Metacritic page.  It has an 86/100 score from reviewers and a 5.4/10 score from players.

By your own logic regarding videogames: Wouldn't you say the published journalists who have actually Made Reviews are authorities vs the unwashed masses who just leave comments?

You're twisting what I said about being a game developer.  The first thing I said was "be the change you want to see, not a whiner", and then I explained how I was in fact not a hypocrite because I am getting my message to the game industry by making a game.  Then you interpreted it as me being elitist.

An indie dev has the potential to make just as much sway as a big-name dev.  But (for example) making condescending and poorly-supported videos about how games and gamers are sexist is just plain whining.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

i think it's entirely possible to be a big baby whiner and also change things to suit your agenda

i mean look at joseph mcarthy

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2014, 12:45:59 PM »

It was nice that Gone Home was more inclusive, but it absolutely did not deserve GOTY.  Just look at the Metacritic page.  It has an 86/100 score from reviewers and a 5.4/10 score from players.

You're twisting what I said about being a game developer.  The first thing I said was "be the change you want to see, not a whiner", and then I explained how I was in fact not a hypocrite because I am getting my message to the game industry by making a game.  Then you interpreted it as me being elitist.

No, seriously, I'm not trying to attack you like that and hope you don't read it that way. I think you're wrong, but you being wrong doesn't make you dumb or elitist or whatever -- you are just promoting *ideas* that are elitist and inconsistent: I'm genuinely trying to change your perspective/convince you of something here. Emphasis on the part I bolded, and your support of gone home reviewers.

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »

why are we still fighting  Lips Sealed

jolene
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »

cos this anime avatar needs to get a life
Blambo
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

why are we still fighting  Lips Sealed

yo this is way more worth my time than arguing about metal gear solid. or pineapples or whatever.
ink.inc
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »

theyr sour
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »

but in a good way

Blambo
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2014, 06:07:01 PM »

theyr sour

but in a good way

eyup
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »

Making your own games the way you think they should be is something I can get behind. Wish you the best of luck with that!

jolene
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »

the thing with reactionaries is they have no actual stance so theyll just throw around any talking point from some 4chan list no matter how contradictory. the point is "haha i gotcha why dont you make a game!!" not that he believes everyone should make a game expressing their views
Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »

Wait are you guys still over here complaining

DINGLING DONGLE DORKS AGAIN ARE WE?
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »

we're having a pretty good discussion, what's up

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
jolene
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2014, 07:55:37 PM »

An indie dev has the potential to make just as much sway as a big-name dev.  But (for example) making condescending and poorly-supported videos about how games and gamers are sexist is just plain whining.

hey do you want a gone home steam key
Dragonmaw
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »

i demand that all critics tailor their reviews around my opinions
jolene
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

no one even made videos about how gamers r sexist. they should tho itd be pretty funny.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic