Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:15:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallKôna, a campfire tale, is now Crowd Funded and Greenlit :)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kôna, a campfire tale, is now Crowd Funded and Greenlit :)  (Read 1524 times)
CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2014, 02:29:59 PM »

For Mac OsX: Download here

October, 1970. Another long and cold winter is beginning in Northern Quebec, Canada. The local Cree community clash with rich industrialist W. Hamilton, copper mine magnate in the region. The Crees accuse the latter of destroying sacred lands for the sole purpose of increased profits. Suspiciously, Hamilton’s summer residence and hunting manor is subject of vandalism and thefts. Convinced that the Cree are responsible, Hamilton calls Carl Faubert, a war veteran turned private detective, to handle the affair.

Carl never refuses an easy case, especially when the client has such deep pockets. He jumps in his faithful pick-up truck and heads up north to meet with Hamilton. Unable to find his client at the meeting point, Carl starts to search for him. After knocking on some doors, the detective finds not only the rich man is missing... but the whole area is deserted.

Where is the local population? What happened to Hamilton? Are the Cree involved?

Welcome to Kôna, an episodic game about investigation, exploration, survival and the mysteries surrounding the disappearance of W. Hamilton and the neighboring inhabitants.

As the story unfolds, a narrator tells you various details about the in-game world. This is in a way similar to Dear Esther and Stanley Parable. The pieces of
story that are revealed to you vary dynamically according to your in-game whereabouts and actions. The result is aimed to feel like an interactive campfire tale,
where the player is in control of the main character.

Thank you for reading, if you find Kôna worthy of interest you can support us on Kickstarter or vote for us on Greenlight or you can like it on Facebook. I'd appreciate some feedback too if you want. Oh and don't forget to try our demo too!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 03:30:00 PM by CosmosTbear » Logged
vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »

Glad to see you already reached your goal in Kickstarter, the game seems very atmospheric and interesting! It's a shame there's no version of the demo for OS X :T

LyndonHolland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »

Looks really great, I shall definitely be following you guys :>

I also would like to play the demo on osx if you have a version available
CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:17:29 AM »

It is a shame indeed... the atmospheric demo was availaible for Mac users but not our latest demo. Gimme a sec I'll see what I can do.
CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »

Mac OS Demo download

The build might contain some bug, principally with shaders and soft particles on MacBook since the build in graphic card is... too much elegant for defered rendering...

Feedback is much appreciated
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:48 PM »

congratulation for the funding and steam  Grin
It looks great and I love the voice-over.

CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »

vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »

Mac OS Demo download

The build might contain some bug, principally with shaders and soft particles on MacBook since the build in graphic card is... too much elegant for defered rendering...

Feedback is much appreciated

Hey, thanks! Strangely I can't run the game using the 1280x800 resolution (MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), Intel HD 4000), I get a white screen if I try to go full screen and a flashing black and white screen when trying windowed mode. I was able to run by changing to resolution to 1152x70 though.
I like the way the game looks and the narrator's voice (even though I can't speak french), but I was completely lost for most of what I played. Maybe I missed something, but the only narrative I got was that I was supposed to meet someone who wasn't at the parking lot. Then I just started wondering randomly, got the snowmobile, found a cabin full of drawings and then got lost and gave up. I had no clue of where to go or what to do since I had no clue of what I was doing or why I was doing it.  Sad
Maybe I messed up or missed something along the way?

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »

Oh hey! Saw this on Greenlight a few weeks back, and it was one of the few I said I'd buy. Good luck to y'all!

CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 10:47:33 AM »

It's a prototype demo for kickstarter. The game is still in an early development stage, its main purpose is to show the adventure mechanics, survival mechanic (tough you can't die for the moment) and overall ambiance and just drive around with the snowmobile.
CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

Thank you spellmynamewithabang
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »

No problem; I love (really love) the atmosphere; something about first person exploration in a wintery/mountain setting has always tickled my fancy something fierce. There's a reason I think so highly of Phenandra Drifts!

vmenge
Level 0

Hobnail Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »

It's a prototype demo for kickstarter. The game is still in an early development stage, its main purpose is to show the adventure mechanics, survival mechanic (tough you can't die for the moment) and overall ambiance and just drive around with the snowmobile.

Sorry, I thought there was a clear ending to the demo  Facepalm
The mechanics seemed cool, I really liked getting materials to light fires.  I also noticed the screen getting a cold effect if you stay out for too long which was cool as well. In terms of overall ambience you did an awesome job  Coffee
Once I fix my PC I'll give a try with the Oculus Rift, my MacBook could barely run the game Cry

CosmosTbear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:59:28 PM »

Well... there is an actual ending in demo. Smiley If you manage to get the snowmobile to work you can cross the bridge which will trigger the promo video Shrug and well, reset the demo at the beginning. WTF

Nothing too fancy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic