Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:13:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBand Saga - Rhythm Action RPG where the Sequencer directs gameplay!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Band Saga - Rhythm Action RPG where the Sequencer directs gameplay!  (Read 4156 times)
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:57 PM »

Hey guys, its been a long while since I've posted on here so I wanted to make sure I posted something worth while!

Description:
Band Saga is an Action Roguelike where every level, enemy and item is generated by music. Furthermore, every melody and every sound is synthesized in real time as you play! Collaborate with friends to complete the Saga & sequence Sega Genesis esque FM ♪ tunes asynchronously!

Each new area explored will unlock new sounds, items and the ability to modify and sequence them musically in Band Saga's built-in FM Sequencer reminiscent of the Sega Genesis!

When the protagonists visit a new city on Earth they are confronted with a new space Roguelike adventure!

Each city unlocks a pre-made soundtrack that generates the Roguelike's level design. As you progress through the world of Band Saga you will learn to modify sounds and the soundtrack itself to shape the level to your advantage and enjoyment! Advanced players will be able to design and create their own soundtrack!

Special Features intend to implement (if they haven't already):

-Summon A Buddy for some 2 player Co-Op action!
    -Invite Friends & Collaborate Asynchronously to create new melodies and custom levels!
    -Share Your Sounds & Sequences with the world by exporting to midi and wav format!
    -Share Melodies Via QR Codes on mobile devices!

-

Right now I'm looking for both feedback and funding as I develop this game! I'm curious to see what you guys think about the idea and if you have any questions or suggestions!

Up until this point I've been working in the game without posting much about it. But for now on I intended to make semi-regular updates to gauge what people think.
We just started a kickstarter today which you will find here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga

If you like the idea for the project please back or share it to your friends :D!

----

Band Saga will be at Tokyo Game Show 2014 in the Indie Game Area
Check out the TGS Demo teaser video here:

Oh and here's a sega catridge because why not!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:33:13 PM by rekcah » Logged

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 05:39:16 AM »

Everything about this looks awesome. So glad you are making this game.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 06:21:05 AM »

The main character feels like a mix between megaman and bomber man Grin
Looks nice!

King Tetiro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

I saw this project, it looks pretty nice! Do you have a demo?
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »

I saw this project, it looks pretty nice! Do you have a demo?
I have a demo but we won't be letting it out any time soon. I'll be showing it off at some up coming events in Tokyo this month though! So if you guys are in Tokyo around that time you should come check it out! I'll be announcing that pretty soon!

Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 06:56:40 AM »

This looks bloody brilliant!

Kyle O
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:17 AM »

This is the best thing I ever saw.

my twitter. my itch.io page.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:10 AM »

Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Money Right

ive been watching this project for like THREE YEARS. so glad to see it getting out there.

back the hell out of this people!

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »

Yep, this looks cool. Good luck Smiley

The_RonJones
Level 0

Ron Jones The Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »

Looks pretty bad ass! Good Luck!

My nipples are Indie...
Bobert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't getting a little tired of roguelikes, but this one is so cool and has so many good, original ideas that i can't help but get excited

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:21:32 AM »

YO, NEW KICKSTARTER UPDATE!

Band Saga will be at Tokyo Game Show 2014 in the Indie Game Area
Check out the TGS Demo teaser video here:

Oh and here's a sega catridge because why not!

JustRadek
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:51 AM »

Backed it a little while ago based mostly on the crazy amalgam of concepts. Good luck with the rest of the Kickstarter!

fakezohan
Level 0

I <3 Games

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 10:06:28 AM »

I rarely leave comments, but this game looks incredible!
rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »

On kickstarter, those who pledge for the STORY SUPPORTER TIER, will receive a digital comic that is a sequel to the first comic we made before the launch of the kickstarter. Here's a peek at the first comic.

The first comic is included with the soundtrack which you can download here.

What do you guys think?

If you like it share the word about the kickstarter! We need all the help we can get!

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »

Yo! We're live in the flesh at TGS! Come find us at the "Rekcahdam" booth if you're in Tokyo!

I'll  be wearing a red and white hat that says "YO!" You can't miss me! My good buddies, Alvin Phu (Block Legends) and Elliot Collis (Desolate), will also be there to help man the booth.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:36 PM »

just want to note that i interviewed rekcah for the frontpage, if anyone is interested in reading more about this game! i found his answers to my interview questions pretty interesting:

http://www.tigsource.com/2014/09/24/bandsag/

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 06:44:59 AM »

just want to note that i interviewed rekcah for the frontpage, if anyone is interested in reading more about this game! i found his answers to my interview questions pretty interesting:

http://www.tigsource.com/2014/09/24/bandsag/

Thanks Paul! I enjoyed answering all your questions!

Also we just did a new update on the kickstarter!Laura Shigihara and Disasterpeace are official characters in the game and they are apart of the main story as well! Check out the details at the following link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga/posts/995863

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 01:37:38 PM »

In the kicktarter trailer we had a few hidden references to things that happen later in the game. Here's one of them:

Its a reference to an alternative suit!

co-op mode

The kickstarter has 3 days left and its only 75% funded! Help us reach our goal if you like what you see here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga

rekcah
Level 1

PulseBoy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 01:51:26 AM »

Guys! WE MADE IT!

Thank you to everyone who backed and shared the project! I'll be posting regular news here about the development of the game!
I'm looking forward to hearing y'alls feedback!

There' still 14 hours left! So if anyone still wants to back the project, NOWS YOU'RE CHANCE!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rekcahdam/band-saga

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic