Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:11:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesRecommend Strategy/City Management games on mobile (Android)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recommend Strategy/City Management games on mobile (Android)  (Read 2265 times)
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2014, 03:08:10 PM »

Does anyone know of any good strategy games for android?
Something where you build a base/city/village/colony.

But without any monetization, or at least none of that building time crap where you can pay to build faster.

Seems like the market it just flooded with copies of awfully monetized building games that all follow the same template but with different themes.

-----------------------

Transport Tycoon
Empire: Deck Building Strategy
Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim
XCOM®: Enemy Unknown
Dungeon Village
Battle for Wesnoth
Conquest of Elysium 3

Rebuild

Spaceward Ho!
Imperium Galactica 2
Heroes : A Grail Quest
King of Dragon Pass

Moonbase Inc
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:38:17 PM by Seiseki » Logged

Uykered
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »

Empire, by crazymonkeystudios.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:47:00 AM »

transport tycoon

theres also an android port of freeciv but i haven't really played it so no idea if its good.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:48 AM »

Nice, it's sad that most are old games, even though their still good games, it makes a depressing statement about where games are headed..

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 04:54:25 AM »

not really, mobile is just a different market. you don't see many of those types of strategy games on handhelds or consoles either for instance. on PC, which has always been the core platform for those types of games anyway, there's actually a small revival (crusader kings 2, xcom EU for instance)

btw, xcom actually has an android port but i have no idea how good it is. from the screens i've seen the graphics were just downscaled so look pretty ugly.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »

Kairosoft games are all gold. I prefer Dungeon Village over Majesty. Kairosoft are the benchmark about where mobile strategy games should go... I bought pretty much all of their games. The recent ones like Magazine Mogul and that farm one kinda suck, but no regrets because it's cheap.

Rebuild is a great zombie survival city game. They're working on a sequel too.

Conquest of Elysium is ported from PC. Dunno if it's good, but a lot of people bought it. Battle for Wesnoth is ported too... one of them is a great port, the other one sucks badly.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:44 AM »

I've been waiting for Kairosoft to release something worthwhile after Dungeon Village..
I'm still waiting :/

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:00:40 AM »

here are some more games:

king of dragon pass: absolute masterpiece imo. basically a strategy/rpg/storytelling game mix with deep lore that is actually part of the gameplay. not quite like anything else i've played.

heroes: a grail quest: surprisingly very competent heroes of might & magic/king's bounty clone that is actually way better than the official king's bounty f2p game. crummy graphics tho.

imperium galactica 2: port of an old pc 4x that uses a pausable realtime system rather than turns. controls aren't perfect and the tutorial is a link to a youtube video (wat a hell), but it's enjoyable if you're on a tablet. (side note: the best mobile 4x is ascendancy but that's ios only)

spaceward ho!: another port of an old pc game. could use a tutorial but otherwise good.
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »

Holy shit! Ascendancy is on mobile? I probably put a couple hundred hours into that game when it first came out.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 03:14:37 PM »

king of dragon pass:

i really wish someone would fix the issue that logitech mouses carsh the game on the pc version.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:51 PM »

king of dragon pass:

i really wish someone would fix the issue that logitech mouses carsh the game on the pc version.

tbh you should probably count yourself lucky it even runs on your computer. the lead dev says he doesn't own a pc anymore so can't do anything with the ancient pc version (tho taht's kind of a lame excuse, he could just install boot camp on his mac).

anyway, just get the mobile version if you can. it has a nicer interface, more content and a ton of fixes and balance tweaks.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 04:01:43 PM »

Holy shit! Ascendancy is on mobile? I probably put a couple hundred hours into that game when it first came out.

ive never played the original, but i heard the ios port actually fixes some issues like bad AI and some interface quirks. either way, the mobile UI is pretty great considering what kind of game and it and it's surprisingly very playable on the go.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 03:36:16 AM »

I've been waiting for Kairosoft to release something worthwhile after Dungeon Village..
I'm still waiting :/

Did you check out Grand Prix Story or Ninja Village? Both of those rank among my favorites, have replayed them at least twice. Pocket League Story (1 not the shitty microtransaction sequel) is my favorite football management game on mobile so far.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:41 AM »

btw: i bought the xcom port and the conquest of elysium 3 port (keep in mind that my android device is a tablet not a phone)

xcom: not recommended unless you absolutely must play xcom on the go. constant crashes on samsung devices, extremely ugly graphics downgrade and lagging behind the pc version both in terms of content and patches.

COE3: pretty much a straight up port of the pc game which is a very enjoyable TBS/RPG game if you can look past the crummy graphics and weird interface. could imagine it being hard to play on phones tho.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »

Bumping this.  Lips Sealed
I was looking through Google Play a few days ago, installed a few games, they were all really crappy microtransaction based clones of every other city building game.. I keep getting my hopes up that "this time it will be different" but it never is..

It's kinda sad how real strategy or city building games are so rare on mobile..

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

Moon Base Inc
Don't know how good it is, but it looks very cool.
It didn't work on my ancient no-name android tablet.
I'd be interested to hear how it is.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 03:41:40 PM »

Interesting game, I like it.
It's a bit slow paced and there is no sound or music.. I get that it's in space, but interface sounds would be nice.
I don't see where the difficulty comes into play though, you just build the stuff you need and that's it. There aren't any threats or instability, at least as far as I have played.

woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 01:03:25 AM »

Thanks for the reply dude.
Some people just like to build.
But I too would want some kind of danger/challenge.

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »

Yeah, but without any risk you're just building, waiting for more resources and building some more.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic