Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:52:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsExperienced Game Programmer Looking for Artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Experienced Game Programmer Looking for Artist  (Read 462 times)
CheapDevotion
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:56:42 AM »

Hey all,
My name is Jacob Williams, and I am an experienced game developer. My last "industry" job was working on VR hardware and software for a custom CAVE system, and some of my work was even featured on the BBC television show, Gadget Man. In addition, I was a top ten finalist in The Walking Dead Game Jam with my game Zombie Command. The point is that I know my stuff, and I am looking for an experienced all-around artist that can pick up my slack on that end.

The game mechanic is simple, yet powerful. Using a gamepad, you can push or pull certain objects in the level. If the object is heavier than you, or hits another object that is heavy, it will have the opposite effect (Allomancy, anyone?). It's a tough concept to explain, so here are a couple of gifs with placeholder art to help get the idea across.

The game story and design are still a work in progress, but the player will be a medieval thief breaking into keeps and castles to steal and cause chaos. I am aiming for a pretty dark art style - something like Tim Burton meets Batman.

If you like the idea and think you would be a good fit, send your portfolio to [email protected] and we will discuss in more detail.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic