Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:05:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMusic writing inspiration
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music writing inspiration  (Read 520 times)
dr_hwbd
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »

I write, play, and record all of the music for my game. It is alot of fun, I've definitely gotten some inspiration from Jonathan Coulton before. Who has inspired you or is your favorite video game musician??? And what do you do musically for games? (if you do music for games)

When life gives you lemons, you probably just found lemons.
CasePortman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »

My influences range and change a lot so it's hard to target one of them as I'll start writing something, then shift into a different musical gear as soon as I get halfway through something haha.

But some well know musicians that I get inspired by are people like..

Danny Elfman,
Jun Senoue,
Koji Kondo,
Michael Jackson,
Harry Gregson-Williams,
Grant Kirkhope

..And a bunch of others I could reel off. A lot of the styles by these guys differ too so I'm never really in one state of mind when it comes to writing music for games and I like to fuse ideas most of the time to see what works.
dr_hwbd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25:28 PM »

My influences range and change a lot so it's hard to target one of them as I'll start writing something, then shift into a different musical gear as soon as I get halfway through something haha.

But some well know musicians that I get inspired by are people like..

Danny Elfman,
Jun Senoue,
Koji Kondo,
Michael Jackson,
Harry Gregson-Williams,
Grant Kirkhope

..And a bunch of others I could reel off. A lot of the styles by these guys differ too so I'm never really in one state of mind when it comes to writing music for games and I like to fuse ideas most of the time to see what works.
I'm the same way when I write, somehow I will end up changing the whole feeling of the beginning song into something else... oddly enough, Mumford and Sons really inspire me as well, haha.

When life gives you lemons, you probably just found lemons.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic