Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:05:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosMarketing consulting/advisor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Marketing consulting/advisor  (Read 399 times)
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »

Nope no portfolio, sorry.

I've had good success selling physical goods through physical channels. I've worked with plenty of startups, tech and non-tech. I've sold apps to very large companies. I have a near 50% success rate with cold emails. That is, to people I don't know at all. You don't need 'contacts' or whatever to sell a game. It's just hard work. And there's a working system to sale games (or whatever) systematically.

Hard to prove online which is why I'll do a full job for nearly free.

Expected pay:
- Testimonial
- Getting the full game for free (optional)
- Satisfaction of promoting a good game
- Experience

Criteria:
- I like the game. My preferred genres are RPG and strategy.
- Game is completed and published. I'm not working with betas or 'early access'.
- The more aged the better, especially if it's in the "long tail". That way you see the effects of marketing.
- You're willing to budget about 10% of your returns to marketing

What I do:
Since I'm not really getting paid, I'll just be doing like a few hours a week. I'm not going to be writing ads or prodding journalists, because these take too long. But I'll proofread your scripts. I'll fix your emails. I'll set up marketing campaigns for you, but you set aside the budget yourself. I'll ask questions for you to think about and answer yourself.

But not really doing the grunt work.

Drop me a PM, because I might forget to check this forum. Also a lot of emails end up in spam folder.

Disclaimer:
I'm writing this at 1 AM. Part of me wants to not post this because this is a pretty bad deal for me. So I'll offer the condition of me backing out w/ no hard feelings anytime if I can't make the commitment. I won't be responsible for bad advice and burning out your marketing money, but it'll probably be better than trying things out with no experience.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic